Thron2/Jam2 Bash Plate for Bosch CX Performance Motor?

Blk808

Jan 19, 2024
Brisbane
Hi all, I'm based in Australia and have a Focus Thron2. I'm really struggling to find a suitable bash plate to protect the Bosch motor over here - even from official distributors.

I found this one from Nintydown (think they're in the UK) but it states support only for the Sam2 and Jam2 models - nothing on the Thron. However, I think the Jam frames are the same so therefore the mounting bolts should be also? Can't get an answer from them either so reluctant to spend the money.

Does anyone know if this is the case or recommend any other supplier for these things?

many thanks,
David

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Hey David, up your way in the Glasshouse Mts, had a bash plate on my old Merida (shimano motor) and funnily enough it fits my Focus Sam pretty well. It did have a nicely made metal block and a couple of screws at the back of the bash plate on the Merida but have just cable tied it onto the Focus with some self adhesive velcro and foam to offer a bit of shock absorption and after 18 months I have no complaints. My wife has a Kellys Theos EMTB (again a shimano motor) and I ended up making a bash plate for her bike out of a piece of aluminum using my existing Merida one as a bit of a template. This is held on by cable ties front and rear with a bit of self adhesive velcro on the down tube and a bit of self adhesive foam between the motor and bash plate.
Hope this helps a bit, I did try buying a bash plate from someone who 3D prints them from Portugal but they originally sent the wrong size and then the replacement didn't turn up and I go a refund. Then a tried my old Merida one and it fitted.
Can send you some pics and or a template if you want to have a go at making your own, cheers Steve

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Here's some pics of the Sam (Merida) bash plate
thumbnail_IMG_3949.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3951.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3954.jpg

and here's some pics of the Mrs's bash plate on the Kellys
thumbnail_IMG_3950.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3952.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3953.jpg

Blk808

Jan 19, 2024
Brisbane
Many thanks for the reply and pics Steve! I neither have the tools nor the skills to knock up my own but thanks for the offer. Looking at the pics, the mountings for on your SAM look to match the Thron so I've went for that online shop option. At worst can hopefully bodge with some ties or tape - got to be better than the punishment it's taking with no protection!

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
What size is your Thron as I still have the 3D printed guard for my Sam that doesn't fit mine, it's a medium and I have a large frame I think. Don't know how good it is but pretty sure I could find it if you have a medium frame

Blk808

Jan 19, 2024
Brisbane
I've got a large as well unfortunately. All good, have ordered the Nintydown one... tho it's been a few days and haven't heard back from them 😬

Blk808

Jan 19, 2024
Brisbane
Arrived and fitted. Fits thankfully and is good quality. Will hopefully get out to use in anger over the next couple of weekends.

IMG_7930.jpeg IMG_7927.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles