Thinking About Buying Orbea Wild FS H10 Size SM

Luisprida21

Jun 12, 2020
Dominican Republic
Hi,

Im 170cm in height and currently riding a Trek Rail size M. I feel Orbea's reach a bit short compared to the Trek Rail's 445mm vs 430mm. Although I feel size LG is way to big with a reach around 455mm.

What do you guys think? Should I just put a longer stem and that would make the job?

Thanks.

steveo

Jul 20, 2019
Ka15hy
Iam 172cm and ride a large fs wild. If anything i wouldn't mind a bit more room on top but its ok. The thing you would need to watch is the seat tube. The dropper post doesn't sit all the way in. There is around Inch still exposed when put full down. I can just get away with it. You might need a shorter dropper and i think you can pick the size of dropper when you order your bike. The small/medium would definitely be to small for you.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I tried both S/M and L. The reach is better in large but that seat tube problem mean I can’t reach the floor.

I’m 173 cm with 30” inseam. I ended up with S/M and increased my stem by 30 mm for a while. Ended putting the 50mm back and happy with it.

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Iam 172cm and ride a large fs wild. If anything i wouldn't mind a bit more room on top but its ok. The thing you would need to watch is the seat tube. The dropper post doesn't sit all the way in. There is around Inch still exposed when put full down. I can just get away with it. You might need a shorter dropper and i think you can pick the size of dropper when you order your bike. The small/medium would definitely be to small for you.
Hey. I’m 172 also and have ordered the S/M as I have really short arms (ape index of -3). Should I still rethink and get a large? I’ve got a spare shorter seat post that I could fit. Thanks for your time

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
30" inside leg here too just put a smaller dropper on instead and stuck with a large .
small for you.
Hey. I’m 172 also and have ordered the S/M as I have really short arms (ape index of -3). Should I still rethink and get a large? I’ve got a spare shorter seat post that I could fit for my short legs. Thanks for your time

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I tried both S/M and L. The reach is better in large but that seat tube problem mean I can’t reach the floor.

I’m 173 cm with 30” inseam. I ended up with S/M and increased my stem by 30 mm for a while. Ended putting the 50mm back and happy with it.
Hey. Do you think the bike is too small for you? I’m the same height but have a very short reach. Just ordered a s/m. Thanks

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I'm 174-175cm / 30" inseam on a large Wild. The best way I can describe the fit is that the cockpit feels like a Medium and the wheelbase feels like a size Large.

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I'm 174-175cm / 30" inseam on a large Wild. The best way I can describe the fit is that the cockpit feels like a Medium and the wheelbase feels like a size Large.
Cheers Gyre. I presume you have a long torso then? Do you have long, short or normal arms? Thanks again

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Cheers Gyre. I presume you have a long torso then? Do you have long, short or normal arms? Thanks again
I've been told I have a long torso but honestly I don't know the numbers. I can try to measure my wingspan and figure out my ape index tonight.

I also presume you had to take the 150 dropper out and put a 125 in??
Actually the other way around. I took the 150 out and put a Bikeyoke 185 in. That won't work for everybody but it's working out for me.

Edit: Ok, it occurred to me that I erred on my inseam measurement. 30" is my off-the-rack pants leg inseam. My proper cycling inseam to the floor is 31".

Last edited:

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I've been told I have a long torso but honestly I don't know the numbers. I can try to measure my wingspan and figure out my ape index tonight.

Actually the other way around. I took the 150 out and put a Bikeyoke 185 in. That won't work for everybody but it's working out for me.

Edit: Ok, it occurred to me that I erred on my inseam measurement. 30" is my off-the-rack pants leg inseam. My proper cycling inseam to the floor is 31".
Plenty of room in the seat tube then! Cheers

Dneilom

May 29, 2021
Ireland
Hey. I’m 172 also and have ordered the S/M as I have really short arms (ape index of -3). Should I still rethink and get a large? I’ve got a spare shorter seat post that I could fit for my short legs. Thanks for your time
How did the s/m size work out for you? I'm 170 and 77inseam

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK
How did the s/m size work out for you? I'm 170 and 77inseam
Hey.

Standover wise, I’ve got just enough room and seat wise, I’ve got it pushed in pretty much all the way so it’s definitely the right size in that department. Reach wise is open to interpretation. If you’d like a shorter stem for quicker steering than the stock 50mm you’d probably want a L frame (although you’d definitely clatter your undercarriage at somepoint....a compromise I’d be willing to take ). Although I actually prefer the 50 so the S/M is overall the right size for me. I’ve played around with all manner of different stem/bar combos and what the S/M came with, with the stem slammed and the riser bars at full rise, seems to be the sweet spot for handling and comfort. If I had the chance to buy a L, I wouldn’t. However if I had a L I bet I wouldn’t want to size down. Classic try before you buy if poss. Feel free to ask any questions as I know how much time I stressed over the choice ?

Dneilom

May 29, 2021
Ireland
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated .Yeah I had a sit on a large in the shop and I was at full stretch with standover. I needed to put a smaller dropper and put it to a zero stem to get a good fit. Its what made me wonder if I'd have to max everything out on the s/m to get a fit. Did u get M10 or M20? Good deals on the M20 at mo. What's your thoughts on the bike so far?

Dneilom

May 29, 2021
Ireland
Hey.

Standover wise, I’ve got just enough room and seat wise, I’ve got it pushed in pretty much all the way so it’s definitely the right size in that department. Reach wise is open to interpretation. If you’d like a shorter stem for quicker steering than the stock 50mm you’d probably want a L frame (although you’d definitely clatter your undercarriage at somepoint....a compromise I’d be willing to take ). Although I actually prefer the 50 so the S/M is overall the right size for me. I’ve played around with all manner of different stem/bar combos and what the S/M came with, with the stem slammed and the riser bars at full rise, seems to be the sweet spot for handling and comfort. If I had the chance to buy a L, I wouldn’t. However if I had a L I bet I wouldn’t want to size down. Classic try before you buy if poss. Feel free to ask any questions as I know how much time I stressed over the choice ?
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated .Yeah I had a sit on a large in the shop and I was at full stretch with standover. I needed to put a smaller dropper and put it to a zero stem to get a good fit. Its what made me wonder if I'd have to max everything out on the s/m to get a fit. Did u get M10 or M20? Good deals on the M20 at mo. What's your thoughts on the bike so far?

James7475

Feb 13, 2021
UK

I got the H10. I need to say that I’m no expert in sizing and only an intermediate (at best) rider. Also that I have the seat slammed all the way back to achieve the most efficient pedalling position (obviously has no bearing whilst out of the saddle decending but worth bearing in mind for comfort on long rides).

Bike is mega. Highly recommended. Other bike is a FS Kona Hei Hei trail/xc bike that has a much shorter total wheelbase and is much less stable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles