Orbea Wild FS - Skid Plate Anyone

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
So new bike came last week and I’m just making a few tweaks to get it trail ready.
I’m wondering if anyone manufactures third party motor/down tube guard/skid plate as the standard one doesn’t look like it will stand up to use or offer much protection.
I use carbon rockguardz on most of my bikes and looking at the state of these they certainly do there job, I’ve done quite a lot of searching but can’t find anything for the Wild FS
Anyone know of anything?

Cheers.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I havent found anything (other than a cut up old tyre) that will do the job, but to be honest, so far the standard motor protector has done the trick - I've only covered 200 miles , but I have bashed it a few times and its (the motor cover) covered in scratches but all still in one piece and doing the job.

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
Thanks, I had considered a cut up tyre but was going to be my last resort for the downtube. I wasn’t so sure about covering the motor with it, if it would affect cooling etc.
Flying rocks hitting the downtube are probably a bigger concern as I hear that on almost every rocky ride.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've seen someone on here fabricate one with ali checker plate. I'm going to give that a go. If you've got a jig saw with a metal blade, a file and a drill, might be worth a go?

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the tip.
I’m currently using a cut up tyre fixed with Velcro to protect the down tube and left it flapping a bit at the bottom to offer a little protection to the motor case without covering it. It looks like I may have to look at making something with aluminium as mentioned above.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles