Orbea wild FS OC dropper post not rising

Hi Everyone,

After a rapid lie-down in my local trails, I appear to have rogered my dropper post. It twisted to the left upon the crash and now will not rise with the dropper lever engaged and there is a decent amount or resistance. It will support my weight without lever engagement and I have tried barrel adjuster tightening to no avail - it stays put at the lowered position. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers,

Gaz

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The cable has probably become trapped, or twisted and trapped inside the frame. Loosen the seatpost clamp and pull the dropper out. You may have to feed some cable in from the remote end to allow it to come out far enough for you to see what the problem is. Try just putting it back to see if that has freed off the cable. Pull on the remote end of the cable as you lower in the dropper to ensure it doesn't get trapped again.

If that didn't work and the cable looked bent, twisted or damaged, just replace the inner and outer cable. The cables are the same as gear cables, so are low cost. The hardest thing is to tread the new cables through the frame, but use YouTube or here to get tips on the best way to do that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles