The New Official BLEvo Thread

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi at all,
the original BLEvo thread reached 150 pages, so it is very long to read for the new users so it is better to create a new one.
The link is here

We can start to discuss about BLEvo in this new thread, with some suggestion and question about it.
You can ask also for question about the integration with Levociraptor Gen2. Some details can be found on www.levociraptor.com

Feel free to ask questions on EMTBForums but before doing so, please check if your question is already covered by either:
BLEvo manual Instruction manual in english
or BLEvo FAQ FAQ in english

Hermi

Oct 13, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Paolo, which outdoor smart phone with a built in atmospheric pressure sensor do you recommend for the Blevo app. BV6000 is no longer available. Thanks for your support.

mizzourah2006

Sep 13, 2021
Bentonville, Arkansas
I've been reading through the 150 pages, so this question may have been answered. But, I'm using an old iphone 6+ and I was wondering if it had been updated to allow landscape mode.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Paolo,

I've noticed for some time that the Bike Monitor page often fails to display battery temperature when I start a ride. The screenshot below shows the battery temperature o.k., but often when I start a ride, Battery Temperature just shows ----- instead of a number, as if BLEVo has trouble reading the actual battery temp.

BLEVo Bike 2021-11-01_1.jpg

To overcome this, I have to pause the ride, then click back to the Battery Monitor screen, wait for all battery information to show there, then click back to this Ride screen for the temperature to display correctly. Then it is o.k. for the rest of the ride.

My battery is a 700Wh battery in my 2019 Levo. Battery firmware screenshot (different date and time) is this:

Battery 2021-10-14_1.jpg

Have you or anyone else experienced this? This is my original battery for over 2 years. The problem has existed for the last few versions of BLEVo (I don't know how many) My phone is Galaxy S9+ with Android 10.

Thanks again for a great product.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hi Paolo,

I've noticed for some time that the Bike Monitor page often fails to display battery temperature when I start a ride. The screenshot below shows the battery temperature o.k., but often when I start a ride, Battery Temperature just shows ----- instead of a number, as if BLEVo has trouble reading the actual battery temp.

View attachment 75146

To overcome this, I have to pause the ride, then click back to the Battery Monitor screen, wait for all battery information to show there, then click back to this Ride screen for the temperature to display correctly. Then it is o.k. for the rest of the ride.

My battery is a 700Wh battery in my 2019 Levo. Battery firmware screenshot (different date and time) is this:

View attachment 75147

Have you or anyone else experienced this? This is my original battery for over 2 years. The problem has existed for the last few versions of BLEVo (I don't know how many) My phone is Galaxy S9+ with Android 10.

Yes, it happens to me sometimes as well

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, which outdoor smart phone with a built in atmospheric pressure sensor do you recommend for the Blevo app. BV6000 is no longer available. Thanks for your support.
I suggest King Kong Mini 2.. It doesn't have the barometer, but with the DEM you can have a good calculation of the ascend. Otherwise you can use the LG G6 but it is bigger for me...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

View attachment 75146

View attachment 75147

The battery temperature is not sent so often... I have the temperature on the display and I saw that it is received after 30 seconds..
So you don't need to pause the ride.. just continue to ride and the data will appear as soon as BLEvo will receive from the bike..

schgoetze

Nov 15, 2021
Germany
Hi,

i have a Speciliazed Vado 3.0 from 2017. I want to set up the max. speed. When i use Blevo i can turn up the slider. But after I restart the bike all sliders are set back. I read many posts from guys who have been successfull.
My batterie firmware is 3.3.5 and TCU is 4.022 (16.4). Maybe this is the problem?

Sorry for my bad englisch :)

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Hi,

i have a Speciliazed Vado 3.0 from 2017. I want to set up the max. speed. When i use Blevo i can turn up the slider. But after I restart the bike all sliders are set back. I read many posts from guys who have been successfull.
My batterie firmware is 3.3.5 and TCU is 4.022 (16.4). Maybe this is the problem?

Been having the same issue with my Creo for a long time. Doesn't seem to be an answer.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
BLevo has started interferes with operations of Mission control:
For some reason BLevo changes assist levels percentages by itself.
And those changes are saved to mission control.
e.g. Eco mode is usually changed from 20% to 1%! 😈
Turbo is 80/100, it changes 100/100 etc...

That has happened several times now.
2021 turbo levo comp.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,

I think BLEvo doesn't work with this bike...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
BLevo has started interferes with operations of Mission control:
For some reason BLevo changes assist levels percentages by itself.
And those changes are saved to mission control.
e.g. Eco mode is usually changed from 20% to 1%! 😈
Turbo is 80/100, it changes 100/100 etc...

That has happened several times now.
2021 turbo levo comp.
The assistance percentage is stored in the TCU, not in BLEvo and/or Mission Control..

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
I remember you told me this, but in my opinion is quite impossible... but I trust in you..

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I change the speed with the +, then as soon as I start pedaling the screen changes to 16.1 regardles of how high i started. I've tried averything in the 20's.

IMG_0294.PNG
IMG_0295.PNG

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I change the speed with the +, then as soon as I start pedaling the screen changes to 16.1 regardles of how high i started. I've tried averything in the 20's.

View attachment 76220 View attachment 76221
Ok, now I understood... the speed limit the Bike Setup is showing is ONLY referred to the bike where the limit is 25km/h (16mph).. If the region permits an higher speed limit, this is not understood by BLEvo.. sorry for that...

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
Will Blevo void the warranty? I have just get a used Levo 2020, and warranty is transferable.
Originally 29er, but the seller put 27.5 both f/r, I really dig it, enjoying it as 27.5 ebike. however, the max speed now only 18.5 mph , I am in US, would like to get to 25 mph only for tarmac or boring flat fire road.
Can I use Blevo just to adjust the wheel size to make as small as possible, so the real speed will be more than 20mph?
my ride buddy has Shimano motor, using STUnlocker app, all he did just put smallest circumference on the app, and he can get assist up to 26-28 mph.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Will Blevo void the warranty? I have just get a used Levo 2020, and warranty is transferable.
Originally 29er, but the seller put 27.5 both f/r, I really dig it, enjoying it as 27.5 ebike. however, the max speed now only 18.5 mph , I am in US, would like to get to 25 mph only for tarmac or boring flat fire road.
Can I use Blevo just to adjust the wheel size to make as small as possible, so the real speed will be more than 20mph?
my ride buddy has Shimano motor, using STUnlocker app, all he did just put smallest circumference on the app, and he can get assist up to 26-28 mph.
Sorry but with the new TCU you cannot modify the wheel size.. you should use something like Levociraptor...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released the new version 3.11.0 of BLEvo for Android.
Due to the new file access policies from Android 10 onwards, for new installations the files are managed in the folder /Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/BLEvo and no longer in /BLEvo.
For old installations, on the other hand, the /BLEvo folder will always remain.

Here is the list of all the news:
- Added compatibility with battery version 2.5.4
- Added FIT file in backup
- Added partial backup and request to perform partial backup at the end of the tour
- Added audio message for high battery or engine temperature
- Added audio message for heart rate on change of assistance
- Added percentage of average assistance in the tour list
- Added remote control action to toggle the shuttle from 0 to 100%
- Now if the legs threshold is on screen, the toast message is not displayed
- Optimized calibration of the Levociraptor Gen2 crash sensor at the start of the tour
- Bugfix calculating altitude with Levociraptor Gen2
- Bugfix connection stability with Levociraptor Gen2
- Bugfix voice message on last km when miles are set

Update the app from Google Play.
Have fun.

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
Paolo, maybe I missed it, but would it be possible for the app to mimic the 10% increase mode of the new TCU?
i.e. each +/- button press will change the support by 10% increments.
Does the app has the ability to change the functionality of each button? (maybe TURBO button can be used to switch between normal 3 modes and 10% modes)

If all of that is not possible, can you make something like that on the app's user interface so on the screen we can have +/- button to change on the fly the support level.

Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, maybe I missed it, but would it be possible for the app to mimic the 10% increase mode of the new TCU?
i.e. each +/- button press will change the support by 10% increments.
Does the app has the ability to change the functionality of each button? (maybe TURBO button can be used to switch between normal 3 modes and 10% modes)

If all of that is not possible, can you make something like that on the app's user interface so on the screen we can have +/- button to change on the fly the support level.

Thanks
I think that this functionality is in BLEvo from the beginning.. There are 2 buttons on the display to change the assistance value..
But in my opinion the better solution is the remote control dedicated for BLEvo.. With this you can select the percentage you want to change every time you press the button..
I think there is written something in the user manual..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles