TCS system - another tubeless question.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Inflate it overnight to the max pressure the tyre says. 25 PSI is not enough to fully seal the bead .
Funny story about a tyre I did for a mate.
Shitty cheap rim and pretty crap tyre. Tyre said 40psi so I put 45psi in to fully seal it.
My mate picked it up about 1 hour later and I told him to drop the pressure when he got home.
So he put the wheel against a radiator in the hallway which was on as it was winter.
Resulting in a loud bang and covering the surrounding area in OKO fluid.
He was just cleaning the wifes coat when she walked in 😱
I do believe a verbal bollocking followed 🤣

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
I'm having the " leaky seem " issue too.
Tried 5 times now with different rim tapes ( even gorilla tape) and everyone worse than the previous.
Used a liter of stans and 500ml of decathlon really thick stuff . The last attempt I put a smear of silicon over the seem and still leaked as bad 🤪
Might just wait till Christmas and the kids can buy me a set of Nukeproof neutron v2s 😉👍

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I had a bit of bother a few years ago with the wonky seams and DIY rim tape on my Haibike, the sealant was enough to stop it from leaking long term though.

I just did my new bike yesterday, and the Mavic UST system meant it was very straightforward getting it set up tubeless (yes, it came with tubes from the factory). Thank you Mavic!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles