Take out battery when you dont use bike.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Hello !

have heard a rumor that if the battery is left in the bike when you not using it for couple of days , the durability can be reduced on the battery.

didnt find any answer on Google , i just want to check with you.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Only if you leave the bike somewhere that gets very hot or cold, like a shed. In that case, bring the battery in to the house where the temps are more stable.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Hello !

have heard a rumor that if the battery is left in the bike when you not using it for couple of days , the durability can be reduced on the battery.

didnt find any answer on Google , i just want to check with you.
If you leave a battery fully charged (or anything above 80% SOC) for any length of time you are likely to see an increased rate of capacity and cycle life degradation, but that will be that case whether on the bike or off it. Store it inside (not too hot, not too cold) and between 30-80% SOC and you will maximise battery life. Search for threads on this in the forum about prolonging the life of your battery there are loads.

Riksbar

May 18, 2019
Burnley
One of the things that appealed about the Steps external battery when I got my e Sommet was the removable battery. Having had a garage broken into in the past I like the fact that the battery and charger are away from the bike when stored, and any potential buyer of a stolen bike needs to find several hundred pounds more to get them.
The more consistent temperature in the house also preserves the battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles