Tailgate Pad transport Strap length?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I know tailgate pads aren't used as much overseas as in the US, but hoping someone out there can help me find a good strap to use with mine. I just bought a Sensus tailgate pad for my F150. It fits great, looks good, and allows use of the backup camera even. Thing is, the tie down straps that came with it are way too short, they are definitely for a non battery bike.

I purchased some EVOC straps that say they are longer for E-bike use, but they are barely long enough to go around the tube on my Heckler, and they don't have the nice extra loop to tie to the pad. I mean, they wrap around, with an inch to spare, so they are longer than the originals, but what else is out there?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I also ride a Heckler. I have a Dakine tailgate pad. It has a little loop through which the strap is threaded. Trying to figure it out is a pain. I must have at least four different styles, and it changes every time I drive with others. Some have fat downtubes, some have skinny downtubes, and some have downtubes that are just right. Keep the originals for when you ride with Amish folks. Avoid the elastic straps. The ones in the link below are the ones that I use the most. They're not the most well made, but they've been holding up for over a year. They're cheap, and they're not awful.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TGX0HK

Last edited:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I also ride a Heckler. I have a Dakine tailgate pad. It has a little loop through which the strap is threaded. Trying to figure it out is a pain. I must have at least four different styles, and it changes every time I drive with others. Some have fat downtubes, some have skinny downtubes, and some have downtubes that are just right. Keep the originals for when you ride with Amish folks. Avoid the elastic straps. The ones in the link below are the ones that I use the most. They're not the most well made, but they've been holding up for over a year. They're cheap, and they're not awful.

aww, linkey brokey

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Thanks! I really like the style of strap that came with the pad, as it has a hold down loop, but they are short. They work well for my son's bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles