SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
Yes, you can fitt 5,5mm connector. In order to use it there are two options.
1. Buy lab psu 60V 5A.
2. Modyfiy ori 2A bafang charger, you will need 4,7kR and 15kR resistor, both 0,6W. Next solder then in the charger an replace bafang cable wit standard cable with 5,5mm plug.
1: would be for modders only really, as it would be easy to move the voltage knob and cause a fire.... when I do this, I tape off the voltage knob so it can't move....it lets me charge to 4v or 4.1v per cell

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
it looked like you also squashed the carbon around the the bolt, I can see what looks like cracks in the frame. how hard was the impact???
My pedal slip off because of the bounce back and i nearly fall. Freak me out as i just recovered from injured due to endo n hit directly on my rib near my heart.

Those hiker on fhe seen say i shoulden ride so dangerously at my age. In my heart, I was like because of u guys i nearly fall again. Once my shoe off pedal my tight hit directly on my top tube n its still hurt now.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Quick question for those with a 48v motor , when you bought your bikes, did you also have to pair it with a 48 volt battery or can you run the system with 36v battery?
My motor originally its 36v and then linda upgrade it to 48v. When i update using Bafang Go+ firmware, its update 36v and i got error 07 which is over voltages protection because my battery its 48v so i need to use Bafang besst to manually update its back to 48v.

Screenshot_20240206_154120_AliExpress.jpg Screenshot_20240206_154215_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240206_154050_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240206_154510_WhatsApp.jpg

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
So my motor died today. The torque sensor has been in an out over the last couple of weeks but it seems that it’s decided it’s had enough today. Anybody else had an issue with their motor where it’s sensing torque inconsistently and either doesn’t produce power at all or inconsistently. Either way it’s not producing any power now.

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
So my motor died today. The torque sensor has been in an out over the last couple of weeks but it seems that it’s decided it’s had enough today. Anybody else had an issue with their motor where it’s sensing torque inconsistently and either doesn’t produce power at all or inconsistently. Either way it’s not producing any power now.
Shit let us know how you end up replacing the parts

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Do u use bafang besst to diagnose the problem? I use bafang besst with crack log in.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Mine done power variations since the begenning at upper level (speed/speed+) and cut at boost. I can't know if it's normal (too hot, bafang answer) or not ? i suspect not because i consume +- 50% less than M510 and it's seems similar of those i had on M510 previousley, (solved by torque sensor replacement). Nothing support from bafang (via linda from SZZS).
Classic bafang customers after sale servicies :cry: . I like very much this motor to ride on low uphill (15% max). But upper (20%), it's too painfull to use in high moutain. I don't want to start another fighting with bafang (i have other bikes to ride). I will wait spare parts availability on retailers to purchase torque sensor and test.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'll need to take better pictures (as well as upgrade/program a couple of choice components). But
20231027_185628.jpg

20240207_160030.jpg

you're looking at two 2024 X-large emtbs which use the entire Bafang systems, which can both be ridden hard.
Rejoice my tall DIY enthusiasts. We now have more options👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Now, if you'll excuse me,
20240207_163052.jpg

There's work to be done!!⚙️🔧⚡

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
@mike_kelly is correct.
Fortunately, my account with Bafang was setup up a couple of years ago. It is part of the reason why I aid those who build Dengfu and other ebikes, to get the most out of the M510/M600/M500 etc.

On a different note, it looks like I'll need to use my spare DPC245.3 DIsplay on the E-Mythique.
20240207_192024.jpg

20240207_192014.jpg

It's a pity it didn't come with one. But atleast I can use the Bafang Go+ app to change motor performance (similar to what I can do with my CEF50).

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Interested in what you come up with on the e-mythique. I getting ready to order either the BESSET tool or the K1 box to program my wife’s. She is really struggling with the factory programming.
I hear you👍🏿
Before I deep dive reprogram the M510, I wouldn't mind trying a 32t chainring. This is the chainring size I use on my E10. I have a feeling that the motor response (the start current) and the motor over-run (stop decay), 'might' benefit from a using a smaller chainring to compensate the existing motor tune.
I'm not saying it'll rectify this issue. But it's worth trying before I start testing numerous 36v firmwares for the M510.

If you go into detail as to what your wife finds unpleasant about the M510 motor, I can factor that into my experiments over the weekend👍🏿

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
If you go into detail as to what your wife finds unpleasant about the M510 motor, I can factor that into my experiments over the weekend
My wife's main complaint is the motor doesn't feel like its putting the power out to match the rider input, then when she backs off the motor "surges" and pushes her forward. We have intercom's in our helmets and I can tell a significant difference with her struggling on certain hills compared to our yamaha bikes. She rides in trail mode almost all the time. I have noticed while watching output watts on the display that sometimes it does not seem as high as it should be, then you'll ease off and the figure will shoot up.

She really loves the bike. She's riding things she never has before. I really want to make the motor work for her instead of getting another bike.

I have debated on getting a BESST tool and trying to work out a key or the work around or getting a K1 Flash. There's not much documentation on how to make adjustments with the BESST tool but the K1 seems to be pretty user friendly. I'm leaning toward the K1 but I'm still unsure.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
ho much extra settings do we get from BESST, compaired to GO app??
my 48V motor unable to access Go+ funtion (Set personalized ride) only besst can do. For calibration you need besst and manual update firmware. Don't update your Bafang Go+ firmware if you dont have access Besst USB, else u will be like me. G0+ update wrong version automatic and i have have to manually fix it back with BESST,

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
my 48V motor unable to access Go+ funtion (Set personalized ride) only besst can do. For calibration you need besst and manual update firmware. Don't update your Bafang Go+ firmware if you dont have access Besst USB, else u will be like me. G0+ update wrong version automatic and i have have to manually fix it back with BESST,
ahh I was told my 48v motor could be setup via GO+ , sounds like this is NOT the case.....bugger.... thx for the answer!!

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
This is what the app can do according to Bafang.
"

1. APP wireless long-distance/close-range control of the vehicle, accurate positioning of the trajectory, real-time push notification of anti-theft information.
2. Redefine the user's riding experience, add functions such as cycling communities and rankings, and increase user stickiness.
3. Users can analyze and troubleshoot vehicle problems by themselves through the APP, or contact the platform store for after-sales service. Improve user experience and reduce operating costs.
4. Platform big data analysis to achieve precise marketing management."

Does that clear it up?
Increasing the user stickiness sounds a little scary to me.
:)

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
But Go+ works as long as you dont update firmware?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles