SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Oh, it’s motor output not peddling power like a cycling power meter,well that’s useless.

I want to know my performance not the electric motors.
Exactly. Motor Output Power in Watt. But the Calorie counter measures Your power input via the torque sensor, at least You can derive Your average Watt input by:

- 1 Kcal = 1,163 Wh
- the time of Your ride

Example: You burned 300 Calories (kcal) on a 2h ride.
300 x 1,163 = 349 Wh, this is the energy You invested.
Your ride was 2h:
349 Wh : 2h = 174,5 Watt as Your average power during the ride.
Basic Physics 😊

Here are some explanations on what power meters are and why we want them.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
This might be a dumb question but is there anyway to get the chain to spin so I can properly lube the chain?

On my analog bike, I just spin the chain back but on the emtb, I have to flip the bike upside down

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
There are lots of tricks but no "standard" way it is supposed to be done.
Put it on a stand and use walk mode...

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
You
This might be a dumb question but is there anyway to get the chain to spin so I can properly lube the chain?

On my analog bike, I just spin the chain back but on the emtb, I have to flip the bike upside down
You can physically turn the chain ring backwards, there’s a trick where you stick and Allen wrench into one of the bolts on the chain ring, rotate the crank backwards until rests on the Allen wrench and it will turn the chain ring and chain in reverse allowing you to lube the classic way.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
no open, I trust them about battery quality. Can ride above 100km with 1000m elevation.
Trust, but check :) When I opened the dengfu 720w battery, I was also surprised. I was told and it was written Samsung. But there were LG cells inside

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
For the big hitters and Enduro peeps. I did some baby jumps and drops recently and still seems to problem-free after about 7 rides with the 210x55 rear shock = 165 mm travel. Got 180 mm Zeb. Both dialed in now! 🤛

I recommend double checking the linkage bolt tightness...SZZS did not, repeat did not, use blue loctite on any of my frame threads.😝🖖

PXL_20230620_154836669.jpg
PXL_20230620_154844146.jpg
PXL_20230620_154853981.jpg

Last edited:

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
For the big hitters and Enduro peeps. I did some baby jumps and drops recently and still seems to problem-free after about 7 rides with the 210x55 rear shock = 165 mm travel. Got 180 mm Zeb. Both dialed in now! 🤛

I recommended double checking the linkage bolt tightness...SZZS did not, repeat did not, use blue loctite on any of my frame threads.😝🖖

View attachment 118366 View attachment 118367 View attachment 118368
Is this what’s causing the excessive creaking? I’ve done about 6 rides now and it has gotten increasingly creaky.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Is this what’s causing the excessive creaking? I’ve done about 6 rides now and it has gotten increasingly creaky.
I just bought a canyon torque:eek:n, canyon didn’t use loctite either and bolts came loose. Crazy creaking was the motor creaking against the mounts. I didn’t realize it until two bolts came out. Lost one found the other. When I got home took them all out one by one and added loctite blue to each of them. Creaking was gone right away and hasn’t returned.

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Yeah before starting to use it I took out all the bolts and added loctite blue to them and properly torque’d everything.
Only noises are from some cables hitting when going through a rock garden

Polak_B

Jun 21, 2023
POLSKA
Hello everyone !
I want to order a CFE50 + M820 + Battery Case from Linda.

I would like to ask you which display to choose? I like the DPE181 remote control option with the power button mounted in the frame.

But will it be the best choice? Or is it better to choose something else? Linda originally suggested the DPC245. What do you think ?

I understand that in the case of DPE181, after connecting to the phone, I can check the daily mileage and battery voltage?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Hello everyone !
I want to order a CFE50 + M820 + Battery Case from Linda.

I would like to ask you which display to choose? I like the DPE181 remote control option with the power button mounted in the frame.

But will it be the best choice? Or is it better to choose something else? Linda originally suggested the DPC245. What do you think ?

I understand that in the case of DPE181, after connecting to the phone, I can check the daily mileage and battery voltage?
I like 245 better. The buttons of 245 are smaller than those of 181. There is no need to connect the phone, all the information is on the display. Most importantly, the 245 has a usb-c output.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
I connected garmin 1040 today. Garmin not see. M820 and dpc245 . I was able to connect sram axs x01 to garmin.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I wanted to thank everyone who participates in this thread for all your knowledge and help. It has been a long wait and I am not a patient person. Everything arrived without damage today, Now I have to pull and locktight all the bolts and install the Parallel Battery controller.
Cheers

Yellow.jpg

Purple.jpg

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I wanted to thank everyone who participates in this thread for all your knowledge and help. It has been a long wait and I am not a patient person. Everything arrived without damage today, Now I have to pull and locktight all the bolts and install the Parallel Battery controller.
Cheers

View attachment 118460

View attachment 118461
F'ng finally!💪 They're looking good!🤛

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
What are you able to do with the axs connected to the garmin?
The transfer is shown in the upper right corner. You can also watch the battery charge. If in the future it will be possible to connect an electric bike, it will be very interesting.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-22 at 10.27.56.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-06-22 at 10.28.28.jpeg

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Here are some explanations on what power meters are and why we want them.

I went down the road on riding with power. I've concluded that it applies more directly to road cycling. Mainly because the amount of time you spend turning the cranks to move the bike is much higher than that of a mountain bike. Also descents on road bikes vs mtb, are much shorter and less strenuous, more of rest than an effort like it is on a mountain bike. As a result I think calories burned by measuring your heart rate in different zones is more assisted for mtb. It also allows me to know what kind of calories I burned, fat vs glycogen.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I went down the road on riding with power. I've concluded that it applies more directly to road cycling. Mainly because the amount of time you spend turning the cranks to move the bike is much higher than that of a mountain bike. Also descents on road bikes vs mtb, are much shorter and less strenuous, more of rest than an effort like it is on a mountain bike. As a result I think calories burned by measuring your heart rate in different zones is more assisted for mtb. It also allows me to know what kind of calories I burned, fat vs glycogen.
Makes sense. Plus, can track overall continuous work performance on a graph with elevation gain and/or tech sections. So, good feedback for XC racers, in particular.

Apparently, the Dutch Olympic mtb team is rumored to cross train on Emtbs to learn to ride faster on certain challenging sections...that and active-rest days. Maybe power meter pedals would help there too. Again, just rumor.😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles