SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
A megneg/float x should fit.
The issue is with a coil, i can confirm in some weeks as soon as it arrives, will take the coil out of my jeffsy and try it
I think the Float X should fit. My MegNeg is as thick as a coil unfortunately.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
The shock fit is kind of worrisome but as long as your shock has one skinny end it looks like it could work out. That coil was just to fat on both ends, maybe.
I just ordered an almost new Cane Creek Kitsuma shock to go with the help I got as a Bird take off. Hopefully it fits. I thought the adjustability would be nice on a frame like this.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It looks like it should fit to me.
I'd ask Linda to have a better video demonstrating the coil shock in full compression. I'd switch to a Float X which should work, but cash...I'm out of it! I don't want to sell off the MegNeg and buy another $500+ shock.

For me....it's a sure fit on the new full-powered frame. Thus, with my CEF50 deposit, I'll just be dropping another couple hundred bucks.

Sell off my purple Hope E-cranks only ISIS compatible. And that keeps my allocated budget even.

If you live in the US and want some sweet Hope bling, I'll sell at a discounted price before I list them on E-bay!
PXL_20230312_000124568.jpg

Fresh

Feb 19, 2023
Australia
All they need to do is concave the seat tube area where it is hitting. Surly they could modify there mould to make it work.

I also think your megneg might work. As the shock will move forward ever so slightly. So it could work.

Any shock similar would be fine if this was the case.

After seeing that orbea X2 might also work upside down also.

Such a shame. This frame looked like the ultimate DIY e bike.

They have to fix this.
Would be crazy of them if they didn't.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
All they need to do is concave the seat tube area where it is hitting. Surly they could modify there mould to make it work.

I also think your megneg might work. As the shock will move forward ever so slightly. So it could work.

Any shock similar would be fine if this was the case.

After seeing at orbea X2 might also work upside down also.

Such a shame. This frame looked like the ultimate DIY e bike.

They have to fix this.
Would be crazy of them if they didn't.
Look at this pic. Notice the eye hole on the lower mount isn't flush either...so it would even be MORE tight if centered on the bolt hole correctly.
Screenshot_20230401-154040.png

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Alright, thanks for sending me the full video. I'll confirm vid with Linda. But your pic is clear enough...too tight for coil tolerance!🫣

But it looks a coil is not going work on CEF50. Neither is my fat air can. 😜

Well, the next best option for a M820 frame with a coil is the LCE930 still in development. 🤙

LC Jim does a good job, so might be worth the wait. I can't however.

I think I'm out. I needed the coil/big air can option and the big 720 Wh battery being a heavier dude.

I'm going back to full-powered while I still have a chance to purchase the frame.

Good luck peeps! The CEF50 looks pretty sweet and I look forward to seeing some mean looking steeds out there! Also, some good reviews on the exciting M820-75 big, light-weight, mid-powered motor.✌️
not too fast making this decision man? why just not sell your megneg shock and change to Float X2 maybe?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
not too fast making this decision man? why just not sell your megneg shock and change to Float X2 maybe?
Nah, MegNeg is too specialized. I'd likely spend months waiting to sell it or re-covert it back then sell as Select +. Lose too much $$$.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
That pic has the bike upside down. If you run
The pictures show clearance issues near the ends, but the megneg can is thick in the center. I still think it will work.
I tend to agree. When the fat part of the shock gets pushed down it will also get pushed out away from the frame. The coil is a problem because they are fat all the way down.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The pictures show clearance issues near the ends, but the megneg can is thick in the center. I still think it will work.
Too risky. Linda said she'll do a compression check on a standard shock Monday..This tells me Linda knows the coil won't work.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
That pic has the bike upside down. If you run

I tend to agree. When the fat part of the shock gets pushed down it will also get pushed out away from the frame. The coil is a problem because they are fat all the way down.
Too risky. Plus no way to test for sure except with me testing in the bike stand.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Too risky. Plus no way to test for sure except with me testing in the bike stand.
Well the Kitsuma is even bulkier. I guess I'll find out eventually. I got it at a good used price, but that probably mostly because rear shocks are hard to sell.

Fresh

Feb 19, 2023
Australia
This sucks for anyone who's frame is on the way.

But I believe the dpx2 should work fine on this frame.

Also the new 2023 rockshox super deluxe air should also be fine.

So you can run a really good rear shock still.

So don't think you have wasted you cash. It's still a great looking frame. But won't be for everyone.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
This sucks for anyone who's frame is on the way.

But I believe the dpx2 should work fine on this frame.

Also the new 2023 rockshox super deluxe air should also be fine.

So you can run a really good rear shock still.

So don't think you have wasted you cash. It's still a great looking frame. But won't be for everyone.
But no trust now.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
"first we try, then we trust"
I think it's a great frame.💪

Just not fitting my personal needs and now budget. I could have made adjustments to the Float X 2023 a month ago and had a rare 20% discount from JensonUSA that's now expired. That would have been doable for me.

Just happy to cut my losses due to this forum thread.🤛 So group hug and appreciate the good input!🤗

Anyway, it is what it is!

Peace out.✌️

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Indeed the thread is very useful to ferret out the details of a brand new product. I hope the builds will be documented and we will learn even more. I am doubtful that a new mold would be made given the cost of the molds being $20-$30,000.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I think it's a great frame.💪

Just not fitting my personal needs and now budget. I could have made adjustments to the Float X 2023 a month ago and had a rare 20% discount from JensonUSA that's now expired. That would have been doable for me.

Just happy to cut my losses due to this forum thread.🤛 So group hug and appreciate the good input!🤗

Anyway, it is what it is!

Peace out.✌️
So you ask refund for your deposit to Linda?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles