Switched to using Trail to Eco for DH - better!

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I usually ride trails in 'Trail' mode ... cos that's what it's called!

Tried Eco today - much better, more natural, and it felt like the bike was more responsive. (Levo).

Talking twisty turny rooty burmey Sirrey Hills singletrack.

Give it a try folks!

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I've been using 2nd lowest setting on my E8000 (med in eco). I get a good workout for the fitness level I am now :)

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
I am currently using eco+ on my Giant Trance e+1 which is the second of 5 settings and actually prefer it over the auto mode. I only go into the higher settings if its a super gnarly climb. I am working my way to just eco but my fitness isnt there yet.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I am currently using eco+ on my Giant Trance e+1 which is the second of 5 settings and actually prefer it over the auto mode. I only go into the higher settings if its a super gnarly climb. I am working my way to just eco but my fitness isnt there yet.
Yes, I'm the same! I used to do a couple of climbs in med trail (shimano), now I'm down to med in eco. I've started a different climb with a couple of features that I haven't made on first attempt yet. So, for those I go trail, and seat right down - if I try to put my foot down with the seat up, I'm over the edge :(

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
I use Eco but gave Turbo a go for some tight single track and it was immense. I almost came off many times but it’s forcing me to trust the tyres more :)

Spinning up the rear coming out of a corner is making me think I’ll keep the ebike.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ

I almost always ride in “Normal” mode (3 of 5) on my Giant. I only bump it up if there is a steep pinch climb to get up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles