Eco Mode

Jessmolly007

Sep 7, 2021
Huddersfield
What’s eco mode?

Haha, I have never used Boost ( Vitus esommet VR )and only used Trail 4/5 times in a few months, it's like riding a motorbike in Trail mode, incredible assist, last time I had a group of bullocks, yes bullocks, running up the field towards me, I nearly went for boost but got to the gate in time, completely knackered and scared sh##less.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Eco (15/45) if I can help it.

Trail (25/75) if:
  • I'm having a bad breathing day...
  • I'm on a totally unknown route (i.e. reserving meat energy)...
  • I can't dictate my own pace, and have to keep pace/separation with somebody else.
Turbo (100/100) if:
  • I'm on the road and therefore reducing my speed differential with cars...
  • I'm injured/sick and trying to hurry back...
  • Blown-up on a wall I couldn't have made on a nonelectric MTB even back in my best days.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Well, I didn't buy an emtb to screw around. I dig emtb mode. If I didn't want the boost, I wouldn't have bought an ebike.

See, it's kind of like having a smoking hot wife and never having sex with her. I mean...what's the point???

Well, your description is more akin to taking her to the local sex club and running trains on her every weekend. At that point it's kinda not really sex in the conventional sense anymore (it's definitely progressed into something else)... and there will be downsides.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Uhhhh, what? No. My description is akin (cool word btw) to having something friggin awesome and never using it. You know, like having a 10,000hp dragster and driving it to church every Sunday never going over 30mph. OR...having an emtb and never using anything but eco mode.

harrysmalls

Oct 25, 2021
Oregon
I like it for "regular" bike feel. As a conditioning tool. I set my Eco to 10%. It's enough to make up for the extra weight and drag of the soft tires. That way the effort is similar my XC hardtail.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I like it for "regular" bike feel. As a conditioning tool. I set my Eco to 10%. It's enough to make up for the extra weight and drag of the soft tires. That way the effort is similar my XC hardtail.
Then why don't you just ride your XC hardtail ...I just don't get why folks buy ebikes and then want them to "feel" like a normal mtb ...nuts !

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
I mostly ride my ebike on big days out in the Lakes, Peak etc, with a 504wh battery I mainly have to ride in eco and save trail mode for the steep technical climbs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles