Your Bet?… or fav?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with this game, but today is the day. Commercials, halftime show, drama…and the game.
I do this every year. I even got a bigger TV just for this. Surrounded by family and friends and Nachos and Beer.
I’m ready for game time.
DF81EE03-07C2-4D28-ABC6-D8FA1685C379.jpeg

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with this game, but today is the day. Commercials, halftime show, drama…and the game.
I do this every year. I even got a bigger TV just for this. Surrounded by family and friends and Nachos and Beer.
I’m ready for game time. View attachment 106592
You forgot the burgers ;)

We were skiing in British Columbia 8 years in a row. I remember that one of the highlights of the trip was getting together on Super Bowl day. Beer, hot dogs, nachos and burgers. Good memories.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
As a Brit I am less than overwhelmed with American football. I once went to see a game in Cambridge. It was between the Alconbury Spartans (a US base in the UK) and the Zweibruke Warriors (a US base in Germany). What do I remember? The cheerleaders, the loud commentary in what seemed to me to be a deep south American accent. Also the absolutely enormous amount of bodily protection (compared to the UK Rugby football teams who only wear something to stop their ears from being torn off and a "box" to protect their man bits). Those guys were already big and with all that kit on they looked HUGE! I also remember that the game had hardly got going when it stopped for some more cheer leading, no complaints from me! The stop/start progress of the game became irritating. Although interesting to watch as a whole, it left me slightly bored; I spent more time watching the crowd especially the Americans. :D

Once the game was over there occurred a definite downer, from which only the US came out on top; us Brits didn't do too well! There was a queue for hot dogs and suddenly a rough looking girl in her late teens accused a middle-aged man of leering at her (he most probably wasn't, she was just looking for a ruck). The guy was just an ordinary bloke, had his young teenage son with him. The girl's male friend who had had plenty of beer thought he would defend her honour and attacked the man. While we were all stunned into motionless inaction, one of the US football players, still in his kit (sans helmet) launched himself at the young hooligan and smothered him to the ground. Another player grabbed the girl who had been egging on her boyfriend to "kick him in the head" and so forth.

Once the action had stopped the stasis of the small crowd ended and critical comments aimed at the hooligans began. The hooligans walked away unharmed and unpunished, but the poor man was severely uncomfortable as he was probably wondering if they might follow up on their threats to "get him outside the exit". :(

That was my one and only live experience of an American football match. The Americans won convincingly! :love:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Can't even spell live right...

1676232967791.png

;) 🤪

I looked it up and it was going to be too late to watch here. It's like the whole thing is setup just for that continent.

As it is, it takes long enough .. with a few more breaks and 1/24 game promo music sessions and big add sessions they could surely stretch it out over 24 hours so everyone gets a bit of a look in ?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Not much of a "TV" guy but I poached my son's xfinity account to watch it, first one in many years last time being when I lived in CO. and the Bronco's were involved, because I wanted the Eagles to win. My son's SO is from Phillie and her Mom is in a bad way health wise so I was rooting for her. Sad for here more than the team but at least it was a close game.

Some of the commercials were clever and I made it about 1 minute into the half time show before I had to look elsewhere, not a Rihanna fan I guess.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Good game but not a Rihanna fan either. I figured she was prego 1 min into her show.
@The Hodge , men in tight pants , weird shaped ball, they all hug at the end…that’s all ya need to know 😉

Last edited:

RichT

I invited my daughter and grand kids over and six of us went on a 5.2 mile pre-game ride. I had to drag a few bikes out of moth balls and do some quick repairs on them and a couple of theirs. Even the little kids made it with some encouragement and minor assistance. Then pizzas in the oven and the game (starting with the 2nd quarter). It was really good for them to do something different (the family is going through some rough times) and it ended up being a very good day for all, the game being secondary but a good excuse for an impromptu get together. One again a pivotal NFL game was marred by a game-altering penalty call, but thats the NFL and I guess I really don't care. I watched 3 games this year (the last three) more for the social aspects than any real desire to watch football. So that was my Super Bowl day - the highlight being watching those kids stand on the pedals to make it up the hills on our un-paved back roads around home.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

Super Bowl LVIII​

Los Vegas NV.
Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

I had to take the entire day off from riding. Family and friends started showing up just after noon for the 3:30 pm kickoff. The hype was real. You could even bet on the colour and flavour of the Gatorade that would drench the winning coach. You name it…you could bet on it. It’s in Vegas after all!

Everyone here watched on the big screen. Even the ladies watched to critique the apparel and lipstick 💄 of some chick in the crowd.

Of course there’s lots of screaming …ooohs…awww’s and “wtf” ‘s. Some beer was spilled and wings consumed. Even my daughter cheered “ YEAH SPORTSSSSSS!!!!”. Overtime was eventually needed to decide the winner.

Confetti fell, Vince Lombardi Trophy was presented, some broad kissed a player (for too long imo), watched the highlights again and re-played the commercials.

I lost money but my team won …KC Chiefs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles