• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I could not get mine to connect for some reason, so I bought the mechanical planetary type made for the Levo's and with some minor modifications it now fits, and works like a charm and the assist never stops up to 35 mph (small downgrade). It will be easy to remove if I would ever need warranty work and will not show any sign of hacking the motor for more speed.
The easiest way :ROFLMAO:

Willfly

Apr 15, 2020
kent
Hi all
New to emtb new to stunlocker just purchased any thoughts on a good set up
I have a Canyon spectral on 7.0 rear wheel 27.5 with 2.8 tyre E8000 motor
Many thanks

Rapidgaz

Apr 20, 2020
Uk
Special offer: software is 100% free for all EMTB members. You can unlock speed limiter of your bike for free. This offer expires on 06/01/2019.
I know its no free any longer , but how can I get this?
Can you get this for my e7000 unit. Just want a tad more speed. Can’t seem to change the eu America region.
many thanks.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Can you get this for my e7000 unit. Just want a tad more speed. Can’t seem to change the eu America region.
many thanks.
Send a licence request, pay for the Premium licence and you'll able to do do it

Andre83

Apr 20, 2020
Luxembourg
Hello guys,

Downloaded the app, connected to the bike and send a licence request.
Paid right away and received the code 2 hours later.

First test was successfull, I just switched to US region and adjusted to 27,5b (as I ditched the plus tyres for DH tyres).

Note : I initially had trouble connecting the bike to the app. Turns out, I need to "forget device" every time before connecting.

Riding an Devinci AC with the e8000 motor.

Cheers

Rapidgaz

Apr 20, 2020
Uk
Due "Shimano Inc" demand the App was renamed to "ST Unlocker"

Features:
- Bike Info
- Battery info (recharge cycles and health %)
- Change Assistant Level, including maximum power
- Latest Shimano FWs are supported in Android/IOS version: 4.7.1 for E8000, 4.4.0 for E7000/E6100

Speed limiter change via:
- Destination market
- Circumference
- Max Speed for each mode (works only with FW <= 4.3.2)

my3-png.13183

Shimano SM-PCE02, SM-PCE1&SM-BR2 interfaces are supported.

Software was successfully tested on my fresh new bike with Steps 8000 motor, as well as on E7000, E6100 motors with any display controllers (SCE7000, SCE8000)

For FW > 4.3.2 the best way to rise a Speed Limit is to change the destination market to US (32km/h). This method will maintain the correct odometer and speedometer readings.

Special offer: software is 100% free for all EMTB members. You can unlock speed limiter of your bike for free. This offer expires on 06/01/2019.

Latest updates at stunlocker.com

Google Play
Can you only change country with pc as to go from eu to USA.

Markus

May 16, 2019
Germany
Once again your Windows Version is not working.
Windows 7 64bit.
Tried a new Installation but same result.
This message Pops up after Programm start and every Action.

View attachment 28805
After removing Microsoft .NET Framework V4.8 and installing V4.5 Windows Unlocker runs without Problems. Which Version of Microssoft .NET Framework is installed on your System and which Version of OS?

Sami Tuominen

Mar 24, 2020
Finland
The sad side here is that this works with engine code. My engine was replaced under warranty and this purchased premium no longer works. For some reason, I imagined this to be bicycle specific but this is engine specific

1587649536492.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Yes you will need to pay again, I could not get the licence to work for some reason, and its only $35 down the drain. But the $1.99 app works great.
What is your problem? Why do you post this sh!t in each post? Just deal with your paid licence!

Last edited:

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Hey vadl any reason I'm not getting my license request sent back, ive tried 3 times. I sent from iphone if thats a problem. Cheers

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hey vadl any reason I'm not getting my license request sent back, ive tried 3 times. I sent from iphone if thats a problem. Cheers
Check your SPAM box first. Anyway, PM to me your email address for check

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I can not get your paid licence to work.
So I have to believe that thousands people were able to apply the Premium license, and only you alone could not do this? There are only 2 options: either you are a liar or you simply do not want to do this. Give the me the proof of how you are trying to apply the licence (video where you open email with the licence, click on the link in the email, then connect to your girlfriend's bike and show the Bike's info page) or I will assume that you are a pathetic liar.

AhoyDer

Apr 26, 2020
United Kingdom
Works great, received the license within 2 minutes of purchasing. Only changed the market to US but the 5mph extra does make a noticeable difference.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Well, wanna know for sure...

Why you don't recommend to change region? I've bought this app to get my limit from 25kph to 32kph (20mph).

Look, the App is available on the Market for almost a year. Thousands of customers derestricted their bikes with STUnlocker. Tons of posts have been posted on this forum and on many other forums. 90% posts are about the same ... If you ask such a question after all this: - "Don't do it!"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles