Strava Segment Naming - With Grades ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
In the early days, I found most of the trails in my area by Strava Stalking ... finding someone capable then watching them to see where they rode. (nothing is signed around here)

This was great for finding trails, but doesn't really give you much of an idea what the trails are actually like.

So, in the interest of being helpful to the universe, I've just started to add an emoji coloured square to the start of the section titles.

The start of the title - so that they all line up and look pretty. :) Strava then still alphabetises them. Once they all have a square at the front, they're all in their original order. Until you've done them all, the ones with a square are at the end, so it's easy to work through your segments and see which ones you've not done yet.

Squares like this : ? ? ? ⬛

Links to emoji sources :

I'm trying to conform to this as my guideline for constency :

And you end up with something like this :

strava.png

I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work out or any problems it might cause within Strava.

EDIT : because the "black square" doesn't follow the same format as the other squares, the blacks all list first - in alphabetical order. Then all the others, in alphabetical order ..

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles