• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STEPS Unlocker Android & Windows App for changing assistant/bike info and etc

DavidL

Aug 25, 2019
Edinburgh
Hi Vadim, I have downloaded the android app, paid for and received my licence code. Where in the app do I enter the code to unlock it?

Thanks
Dave

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
Hello Vadll

I'm after a little advice please; I've used your app to set the wheel to the correct size, it came slightly wrong, and to set the region to US (from EU) to raise the top assistance speed a little, and it's perfect thanks.

I have a Decoy so E8000 system with E7000 display, is there anything stopping me from changing my display to the colour E8000 display? would it still work as it is currently setup?

Thanks
Lee

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Hello Vadll

I'm after a little advice please; I've used your app to set the wheel to the correct size, it came slightly wrong, and to set the region to US (from EU) to raise the top assistance speed a little, and it's perfect thanks.

I have a Decoy so E8000 system with E7000 display, is there anything stopping me from changing my display to the colour E8000 display? would it still work as it is currently setup?

Thanks
Lee

I would like to know too. Can I change E7000 to E8000?

Reactions: Lee

Bruuttus

May 11, 2020
Finland
Is there anyway to make the motor assist faster than 32kmh? I drive mostly on rural areas with no traffic and I have nearly 30km work route. Little more boost would be so nice. Also my bike seem to be only giving me boost to 30kmh not 32kmh and then I feel it shutting down. I know there is speedboxes etc but would be so nice to just tweak it from the app.
E: I have e7000

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Is there anyway to make the motor assist faster than 32kmh? I drive mostly on rural areas with no traffic and I have nearly 30km work route. Little more boost would be so nice. Also my bike seem to be only giving me boost to 30kmh not 32kmh and then I feel it shutting down. I know there is speedboxes etc but would be so nice to just tweak it from the app.
E: I have e7000
Set circumference to 1300

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
Vadll
Is the licence tied to the display or different component of the system? if i change the display on my e8000 system from the 7000 to the 8000 will the licence still be valid and the software still fully functional?

Shane228mtb

Jul 18, 2020
Martinsville, VA
Hello from the US. I am going to pay for the app later on today on the advice of a fellow emtber. I just bought a 2020 Commencal Meta Power Ride and I think it is set to the Euro mode because it is limited to 15mph/25kmh. Can you tell me what else I have to do or buy just to set it to the USA mode? Thanks and have a great day.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Waiting for the sm-pce02 to arrive, does the bike have to be connected to purchase the licence? Sorry, total newbie question
The license requires the serial number of your bike, so yes, you have to connect the App/Software with the bike to get the serial number.

weebill

Mar 18, 2024
Mallorca
The license requires the serial number of your bike, so yes, you have to connect the App/Software with the bike to get the serial number.
Thanks for the quick reply, will the pc version recognise the serial number? I want to change to us region as the 25kmph is laughable and almost exactly at cruising speed

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles