Stan's Sentry/Flow VS I9 1/1

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Looking to go 27.5 in aluminum on my Levo SL. I know the engagement is a bit better on the I9's but the Stan's Neo hub is upgradeable to nearly the same engagement.

Is there much of a difference between 10 degree engagement hubs and 5? Other than 5 - is there a noticeable difference?

Mostly trail riding but do hit a lot of drops and ride in a very rocky area as often as I can where its a mix of loose rock, large drops, rolls and slabs. Looking for a durable rim and I'm not overly worried about weight.

Does anyone have experience with either of these sorta budget friendly wheelsets?

Thanks in advance.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I just had some carbon wheels built with i9 1/1 hubs and I am really happy with them. they are easy to disassemble when servicing is required and i9 has useful YouTube clips to help. I had to add some very light grease to the rear hub as it was very loud. Now it just sound nice. I don't personally think you'll be able to tell a difference in engagement.

my carbon wheels were from here.... carbon mountain bike wheelset-mountain wheel,mtb wheel,mountain bike carbon wheel,carbon mtb wheels,carbon mtb wheelset Light-Bicycle

they have a U.S factory so you can order within your country. I ordered from China as I'm in the U.K
you can play around and build different wheel sets on the site.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles