Sram UHD - Trek specific?

Stanpipe

Jun 12, 2020
Isle of Wight - UK
Is the Sram UHD for Trek Rail specific. I see they’re about £10 more than standard? Can you just not buy the standard one and move bigger washer/seal across?

andygua

Jul 13, 2022
Chile
Bumping this up, had the exact same question! I'm assuming you can just use a standard UHD, otherwise it's no longer a proper "universal" hanger...but in this industry you kind of never know, hehe

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Stupid question from me; Do you mean UDH? (Universal Derailer Hanger). Maybe I’m on the wrong page here or this hanger can be called both UHD or UDH?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I don’t know many acronyms but I’m willing to learn some. Btw…what does QWERTY mean? …and where’s the “any” key? Laughing Out Loud. 😉

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don’t know many acronyms but I’m willing to learn some. Btw…what does QWERTY mean? …and where’s the “any” key? Laughing Out Loud. 😉
QWERTY is the first six alphabetic keys on a keyboard, the next four are UIOP. There was a time when QWERTYUIOP was the basis for a quiz question.
The most frequent layout for a western keyboard is known as the QWERTY keyboard. It is also a mechanically inefficient layout for fast typing, but the huge numbers of people familiar with the QWERTY layout have thwarted attempts to improve it. It was deliberately designed to be slower to reduce the speeds of typists on early mechanical typewriters. If the keys were pressed too rapidly, the flying arms that carried the letter towards the paper and back would hit each other and jam. I once used an electronic keyboard that came with an early CAD system that had the keys laid out in alphanumeric order ABCD.....789. It was hopeless and everyone hated it.

andygua

Jul 13, 2022
Chile
Typo on my end for sure! I'm wondering about UDH...I'm assuming Trek just adds those washers to cover the ABP, but double checking just in case :)

Sanjeeves

Jul 24, 2021
Bolton
Bit curious on this myself....... Almost took the plunge on a couple of the nukeproof ones on chain reaction when they were on offer at about £8 but wasn't 100% sure it'd fit.......

Looks almost the same but hard to tell about that washer from the ropey pics they seem to insist on using

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles