sram nx derailleur wobble

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Hi

I have a SRAM NX 1 x 11 derailleur on my Turbo Levo and it has started to wobble recently around the mounting bolt. The mech hanger is straight and the mounting screws are tight. The mech hanger mounting bolt is tight. The mech hanger cage doesn't have any wobble in the parallelogram framework. The only bit that wobbles is mech hanger where it pivots around the mounting bolt. This has started to cause issues when I try to select gears in the middle of the cassette. The mech hanger is less than a year old and probably only done 500 miles. My drivetrain is always cleaned, dried and oiled after every ride, so it is in good condition. I haven't had any crashes, or had any reason to try and straighten the rear mech.

Any ideas how to stop this wobble?

Thanks

Dave

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
SX and NX mechs all develop play at the mount pivot.
Chain tension generally stops the mech wobbling so much when in use so they tend to still index albeit not quite as well.
Cheap sram components are pretty poor quality. Go GX or above or just ditch it altogether for a shimano drivetrain where you get higher quality components at a lower price point.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I have GX and bought an NX in desperation as I couldnt get a replacement GX.
The NX had a lot of play and seemed a lot flimsier. I wouldnt put it back on. In fact I've gone Shimano XT instead.

IMHO you are wasting your time with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles