SRAM Eagle AXS Component Firmware

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
I am trying to update the firmware on my AXS components. The AXS app indicates two of my components require a firmware update and showing a red exclamation. When I select the component and clock the link for the firmware update, there's no button/link to actually download or start a firmware update...and nothing is happening in the background.

Is anyone familiar with how to update the firmware with AXS components?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I am trying to update the firmware on my AXS components. The AXS app indicates two of my components require a firmware update and showing a red exclamation. When I select the component and clock the link for the firmware update, there's no button/link to actually download or start a firmware update...and nothing is happening in the background.

Is anyone familiar with how to update the firmware with AXS components?

I've just tried to update mine and I wonder if the app is flawed after the update last week, as I updated the components with no issues when I first installed them.

For info these are the firmware releases showing for each part;

SP .png DR.png C L.png C R.png

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
I've just tried to update mine and I wonder if the app is flawed after the update last week, as I updated the components with no issues when I first installed them.

For info these are the firmware releases showing for each part;

View attachment 28562 View attachment 28559 View attachment 28560 View attachment 28561

Thank you for that info...at least it sounds like it's not me. And based on my components, I need two of those updates (seat post and derailleur). I'll just wait for the next app update and hopefully this gets addressed.

guruuno

May 9, 2020
NJ
Any news on this firmware issue? I'm having the same problem, and it's about 1 month that this posting alerted us.

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
Any news on this firmware issue? I'm having the same problem, and it's about 1 month that this posting alerted us.
Yes, I literally received an email from SRAM today and they’re expecting the updated app to be released within the week. It will address the firmware issue we’re all experiencing.

guruuno

May 9, 2020
NJ
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The controller still shows up with no battery level and it is greyed out. Fail.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I think know I've spent more time p#ssing about with the app trying to update the components and get the them to be visible on the webpage than it took me to install and set up in the first place. ( I was trying to use the website as the app wasn't working).

After the latest app update (Android) the RD updated but the post and both controllers still have phantom updates and don't show the battery levels, but the webpage (that still only shows the controllers) is showing updates are available for them but it's the actual release already being used (2.3.0)........

I think I'll forget app and just start a routine to charge the batteries on a regular basis as the components work perfectly on their own.

Last edited:

guruuno

May 9, 2020
NJ
Yes, I too, uninstalled, reinstalled iOS app 3 times, STILL version 1.6.9 WITH DEFICIENCIES!!
I guess we don't count

Chrengel

Apr 4, 2020
Maryland
Yes, I too, uninstalled, reinstalled iOS app 3 times, STILL version 1.6.9 WITH DEFICIENCIES!!
I guess we don't count
1.7.3 was just released. Anyone able to try this version? I still don’t have my bike...bad battery after one month of ownership.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles