Sram code r brakes on my 2022 reign.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Anybody not satisfied with the code r brakes. Both levers from new came back to the bar with little bite. Took the bike back to the lbs they bled again with little improvement was told the code r,s are like that which wasn,t what i wanted to hear.
Anyway ordered 2x sets of uber bike e matrix blue pads the brakes are transformed. The front now stands the bike on its nose with 1x small pull and the rear is also much better.
If you are not happy with the code r,s try new pads.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Had trouble with making mine feel good. Bled them and found nukeproof sintered pads to be the best choice for me as I’m carrying a bit of timber

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
I’ve gone through 4 sets of pads and still can’t get them to feel how I want them. Had an older set on my YT Tues and they were great, these not so much

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I've had 3 new bikes that came with Code Rs. Couldn't get any of them to feel good for any length of time. One set was bled twice by me and then by three other shops. No one could get them to feel good, at least not for more than a couple of rides.

I wouldn't have another set.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
They're not "like that". The shop where I bought my bike and my LBS both bled the brakes properly, and the levers do not come near the bar, and I have plenty of stopping power (I did even when I was 255lb. on the bike).

Gally

Dec 24, 2021
UK
I had the same issue with mine and did the same with the lbs. Went with the Uberbike pads. Like you said, they are much better but they didn't last very long for me which was a little disappointing. I saw on this site somewhere of a brand called disco pads, so i'm giving their kevlar pads a shot. Good so far. Also heard upgrading the disks to the sram HS2's is meant to help.

Going to upgrade the whole set to something else at some point. The code R's are awesome on my none ebike but not so much on the reign.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I would suggest MTX Gold ceramic pads, they last a long time and improve overall performance of the brake.

Code Rs have great stopping power, but lever feel is below average and looks like it's not easy to find someone that is able to bleed them properly.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
After years of trouble with Avid brakes, I told my Kenevo when I bought it that the first time the Code Rs played up, I’d throw them in the hedge and fit shimano. 4 years/2500miles later they still work perfectly, have never been bled and have much better lever feel than the Code Rs on my new KSL. At one point they were getting a bit spongey, but I accidentally pulled the lever with the wheel out, then had to push the pads back in with a screwdriver and it fixed the lever feel and they still work really nicely.

The Code Rs on my 2022 Kenevo SL are horrible, I need to try the pulling the lever and forcing the pads in approach 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles