• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Sram AXS install

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I have just bought a Sram GX Eagle AXS upgrade kit

Now if I am being honest when it comes to deraillieurs I am not the greatest at installing

Is this really as easy as the youtube videos make out to install?

I have the jist of it (I think) and think the hardest part may be removing the outer cable from the bike (Specialized Levo SL 2022)

I do have a new chain, just in case mine is too short, although seeing as I already have a GX derailluer I don't think it is

I also have a new hanger, just in case

Anything I should be aware of before Saturday afternoon when I plan on attempting to install it

Last edited:

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I found it easier to;

1. Check for updates in the app and to link the DR to to the rocker switch while you're still in the house near your wifi.
2. Have the bike upside down so it's easier to work on and you can reach the 3 stop screws easier with your long allen key.
3. Just be careful to thread the chain through the DR and over the two cogs correctly.

It's a 10 minute job, even including adjusting the gap to the cassette.

Good luck 😁

Last edited:

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Thanks,

I have already paired the Shifter and Mech and updated the firmware

Will be changing the paddle to the upgraded one as well

Thanks for the luck, hope I don't need it :ROFLMAO:

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Well I fitted it a day earlier than I said

The outer cable wouldnt budge so I ended up cutting it off a inch or so above wherer it enters the frame and taped it up, will get the LBS to remove it the next time it goes in for any work

Think my hanger may be slightly bent but I managed to get it shifting pretty smoothly

All in all a fairly easy process

Gave it a quick test ride and my brain needs to adjust to the new shifter, even though I have the updated rocker paddle fitted

Proper ride on Sunday I think

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Well I fitted it a day earlier than I said

The outer cable wouldnt budge so I ended up cutting it off a inch or so above wherer it enters the fram and taped it up, will get the LBS to remove it the next time it goes in for any work

Think my hanger my be slightly bent but I managed to get it shifting pretty smoothly

All in all a fairly easy process

Gave it a quick test ride and my brain needs to adjust to the new shifter, even though I have the updated rocker paddle fitted

Proper ride on Sunday I think
Excellent news 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles