Spectral On 6.0 Power intermittently cuts out in boost mode.

Sep 25, 2019
UK
Hi All,

Just took delivery of a Spectral ON 6.0 and I'm very pleased with it.

On my first ride I did notice that when in Boost mode the power cuts in and out regularly and i was only doing about 9kmh.

Anyone experienced this? Should i go back and read the manual?

THanks in advance,

Ian

MrDuece

Jun 7, 2019
East Midlands, UK
Hi, I got the same model a couple of months ago and noticed a similar effect on the first ride on road. It seemed to ‘pulse’ rather than keep assisting but when I got off road it cleared up and I haven’t noticed it since. Hoping it was just a hiccup as it’s an amazing bike otherwise!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi All,

Just took delivery of a Spectral ON 6.0 and I'm very pleased with it.

On my first ride I did notice that when in Boost mode the power cuts in and out regularly and i was only doing about 9kmh.

Anyone experienced this? Should i go back and read the manual?

THanks in advance,

Ian
When you say it cuts out, are you on a climb ? If that was the case it would be unusual and could be a bad connection.

If you're on the flat, it could just be the motor cutting in and out as it senses you do and don't need the assistance. This would be more noticeable in boost as it's high power then no power.

Sep 25, 2019
UK
Thanks @MrDuece and @Zimmerframe for your replies.

I've ridden the bike a few times since and i think this was down to not having a fully charged battery on the first ride. Also like you said because its on boost when the power cuts out its more noticeable in boost.

Its all good now tho and I am loving the bike!

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles