Brand new Spectral:On AL 6.0 - no power to motor

simonrwarner

Jun 20, 2020
Reading
Hi there,

I’ve just taken delivery of my Spectral:On AL 6.0 and after putting it together and going out for my first short ride yesterday, I found that although the computer was getting power and the switcher said it was changing modes when I used it, there was no power getting to the motor so it was just like riding a very heavy brand new mtb. I know the feeling to expect because I have ridden my mate’s Spectral:On so it was a big disappointment. The battery had been fully charged and setup instructions followed closely. Any thoughts? Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

Simon.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Which model is it, the new one with internal battery or the older one with external?

Edit: just seen you say AL6.0 so its the older model. Check the speed sensor alignment with the spoke magnet

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 08.34.14.png

simonrwarner

Jun 20, 2020
Reading
Hi R120, no joy I’m afraid. I got power this morning for a few pedal strokes then the W011 error code and a juddering noise and feeling from inside the motor. Adjusted the spoke magnet several times up and down but no improvement. This is how I found it and how the manual seems to indicate it should be:
ABB83D7A-E57F-4CFC-9081-716D2DD597C4.jpeg

simonrwarner

Jun 20, 2020
Reading
Update for you on this - I had a friend come round to look at the bike and help me get it going, he has one the same as mine. He took the plastic housing off near the motor just above the crankhub and found that another cable simply hadn't been plugged in. I mean, in what sense was that bike ready to ride?! Anyway, all is well, I had a great little ride this afternoon and returned with a smile on my face.

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
I think they are overworked assembling the bikes at the factory. Blame corona and stuff. I had a couple loose bolts on my bike. Also, the rear mech was badly adjusted, I had to buy the B-setting tool and re-adjust the shifter cable and rear mech on day one. No biggie.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles