Levo SL Gen 1 Specialized levo SL 2023 new geo like stumpy evo .. lunch 02-2022?

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
It seems the time of the presentation of the new Levo SL Gen 2 is coming, with a "StumpyEvo" like geometry...
Any information (or spyshot ;)) about this lightweight eMTB?

timo_

Mar 21, 2021
Germany
Here… the new Levo SL maybe!? 😉

BEEA1CA6-D9A0-4FF3-B55A-5FACE4C42169.jpeg

39EA2577-D924-4036-8596-6D55D6DC2811.jpeg

4EE418A3-914E-47EF-8A55-3C1A748B03B5.jpeg

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
The S works looks like it has gizmo thing-a-me-jigs on the forks and shock. Nice step forward if you can afford the price tag that will inevitably come with it.

BikeParkLevo

Jan 12, 2022
Germany
i heared some news from a whistleblower...

60NM Mahle Engine (similiar to the current one)
480wh internal Battery
180wh Range Extender -> 660wh TTL
150m front & rear
new Geo without Side Arm

later Launch because of part shortage, maybe in September/October (battery and other stuff)

maybe true maybe not.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
i heared some news from a whistleblower...

60NM Mahle Engine (similiar to the current one)
480wh internal Battery
180wh Range Extender -> 660wh TTL
150m front & rear
new Geo without Side Arm

later Launch because of part shortage, maybe in September/October (battery and other stuff)

maybe true maybe not.

Tell us more about this awesome story tale... 😍😍😍

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
This is precisely what I am waiting for! With a new motor, the KSL starts to sound a lot more enjoyable for me. I currently have the Gen3 S-Works Levo, and I have Eco - 35% / Trail - 50% / Boost - 75% and never need more power. But if they have the perfect middle ground with that frame, that would be amazing!

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Lets hope it gets the new Fauza 60 instead of Mahle. Fauza got 430 wh internal battery
If so Im putting out buying an Orbeas Rise H15.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
They told me the presentation is now postponed in September. It was planned in June but dealers worldwide asked Specilized not to present anything that wouldn't be possible to sell in mass for weeks due to the parts shortage situation. Sad news… 😔

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
The S works looks like it has gizmo thing-a-me-jigs on the forks and shock. Nice step forward if you can afford the price tag that will inevitably come with it.

Just RockShox Flight Attendant. There is no way to get 2023 Lyric and Deluxe without them yet, although OEM wise they're already one year on market. The new Lyric is very nice, esp. with pressure off valves (like Fox 38/40).

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Its Mahle

Ok it makes 100% sense due to existing fleet of Mahle bikes to protect there investments. I guess its an "new" revised version of existing with new firmware upgrades for old engines.

If they are "smart" they will offer upgrade paths for a replacement motor to existing TSL and KSL riders.

But sometimes it smarter to pull the plug on old tech to continue with a new platform.
If they where to go with Fauza they could have offered a "modular" Stumpjumper Evo Levo offering both analog and motor assist.

I will take a wait, see and try before ordering one of the new...delivery seems to be late Q3 and then its wintertime...

Losiak

May 26, 2022
Szczecin
I don't think 60NM will happen :) It will go into full fat territory. Spesh introduced new Creo and it is the same engine SL 1.1., There was roumors that Creo will also be on updated engine but no. So I doubt that we will see new engine in SL 2023.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
sounds fatter.
I don't think 60NM will happen :) It will go into full fat territory. Spesh introduced new Creo and it is the same engine SL 1.1., There was roumors that Creo will also be on updated engine but no. So I doubt that we will see new engine in SL 2023.

60 Nm seems to be a must to compete in the same category of Orbea Rise.
The Rise is 60 Nm but maximum power is set to 350 watt, not far from the 300 Watt of the actual SL motor.
So the bike can still consume less energy and stay in the lightweight category even if it has more torque.
I own a Rise and my brother a Kenevo SL and I can say that when the input of the rider is very active with higher cadences and the terrain is not so challenging the difference between the two motors is not so big.
A different story when the gradient is more than 15% and the rider input is more passive…

Losiak

May 26, 2022
Szczecin
60 Nm seems to be a must to compete in the same category of Orbea Rise.
The Rise is 60 Nm but maximum power is set to 350 watt, not far from the 300 Watt of the actual SL motor.
So the bike can still consume less energy and stay in the lightweight category even if it has more torque.
I own a Rise and my brother a Kenevo SL and I can say that when the input of the rider is very active with higher cadences and the terrain is not so challenging the difference between the two motors is not so big.
A different story when the gradient is more than 15% and the rider input is more passive…
But Rise has Full power motor tuned down. SL 1.1 is not full power. So don't expect this :) But time will tell :)
We will see sooner or later.
For me 35 NM and 240 W it's plenty only what I need is bigger battery 400maybe and then it will be ideal.
Less NM and Watts longer range

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
Hopefully it will not become as long as the Stumpy Evo but if these changes are set, then it may go up in weight by 3-4 lbs unless they are getting lighter batteries and making a lighter frame somehow. I guess then it would be around the weight of the Rise. No too bad but hopefully it stays right at 40 lbs or so.

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
Yeah, the Stumpjumper EVO would not be an everyday bike for me. It is simply way too long, to begin with, even though we do have a lot of wide open fast trails. 150 travel is okay but on the max end of things. It would be comfy and all but not fun on fast twisty trails at all, or on tighter switchbacks. I am not upgrading to a longer, lower. and slacker biker. I can handle minor updates like a degree slacker head angle or lower seat tube, but a long low sled I have zero need for. I want a light trail bike which is why I ride bikes like the Ibis Ripley and others. They handle far better than today's couches and are more fun for me and in my terrain in Colorado.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
EVO geo is also highly customizable though, akin to Kenevo SL. At its steepest of 6 possible combinations, Stumpy Evo has 65,5 degrees in head angle, just 0,5 slacker than current LSL.
And reach is simply selected based on preference on scale of S1 to S6, which is why those sizes are no longer called s/m/l/xl.

It's only as long and slack as you make it.

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
The wheelbase is around 30mm longer. That is why it feels way way longer than the Levo SL and also way softer. You can raise the BB and steepen it a touch but they are pretty different and the EVO is simply a bigger bike that is much slacker and longer. The Levo SL is a pretty conservative trail bike and not even as low/slack/long as most short travel trail bikes while the SJ EVO is longer than pretty much any trail bike except a select few that are serious barges and squarely in the Enduro category. Not saying the Enduro can't be a decent trail bike for some on steep rocky terrain but the Levo SL is basically older geometry too and similar to the the last generation Stumpjumper.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Each new design is better... for some trails and some riders, but not as good for others. Each new design is the greatest thing ever, which was what the manufacturer said about the previous design until the new one came out and the old one is now a turd. It's like on a camera forum I subscribe to: the old camera still takes as good photos as it did when it was released.

My Levo SL (with the modifications I did) is excellent for the trails I ride and for my riding style. Maybe the new model (if it even exists) will be better, or worse. I will probably stay with what I have and just ride it! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles