Specialized levo alloy frame defects 2022

Jul 30, 2022
Levo2022
Brand new specialized levo 2022 brought on the 25/07/2022 from my lbs
I had my bike in the kitchen installing more hele tape on certain parts of the frame
I noticed I have 3 tiny shallow dents on the frame. The bike has done 191.86km on the Odometer.
bike only been ridden on smooth jumpy trails ie tables and small gap jumps only and xc loo around my local bike park…
Not ridden on rock gardens or gnarly trails what so ever.
The bike is well look after as it’s cleaned after every ride and I don’t exactly send it hard being a 50 year old man.
my phone wil not pick up the 2 other shallow dents I have found but you can see in certain light with naked eye that they are there!!
I am thinking it’s over a 5k bike and these imperfections should not really exist…
What’s the chances of specialized correcting the issue? Or am I just being fussy???

4F20BE94-5E59-4180-850B-B2C5E3A3776B.png

CF2F68B6-6159-46A8-91F9-4E38116F08B9.png

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
My frame doesn't exhibit any of those issues. But my paint is a bit shite, many little flaked spots on the frame in various places. But usually they're covered with mud so...

Jul 30, 2022
Levo2022
My frame doesn't exhibit any of those issues. But my paint is a bit shite, many little flaked spots on the frame in various places. But usually they're covered with mud so...
The way I look at it it’s a mountain bike that go down rugged trails so the odd blemish in paint is not a big deal as it’s bound to get scratched a little hear and there over time, if it concerns you that much I would try get a little touch up paint but personally I would not bother.. shallow dents on the other hand I am not so sure about esp when the bike and it’s all in a place where you would not expect it to get dented even.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles