Sophie's Choice

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I really wanted to create a dedicated thread for your questions @Sophie777 , hope that's okay. You wrote somewhere else

I am trying to choose; going back and forth between the Levo, Kenevo, and the Devinci AC XT.

What bothers me about the Kenevo (which is closest to the AC XT) is:
- the tilting dropper post (don't like that),
- it is about $2500 CAN more expensive than the Devinci (despite the Devinci having better components, specifically fork and shock),
- the Kenevo has no display (being able to see the assist level, and the remaining battery charge, would facilitate my riding).
I think I would prefer the Brose motor on the Kenevo however.

As was mentioned, there is surprisingly very little info online about the Devinci.

Can I please ask you about the Devinci AC XT?:
1. on the Devinci AC XT, is the power-on switch for the battery on the handlebar (as opposed to the downtube for the Kenevo and the Levo)?
A power-on switch on the handlebar (which was suggested in one of the descriptions I read) would just make life easier.
2. Is the battery integrated inside the downtube, or is it simply bolted unto the underside of the downtube?
3. Is the battery removable for charging, and is a key required to remove the battery? (That would be good).

The reason I ask Question 2 is the following picture of the downtube; I see 5 bolts on the top part, and 2 bolts on the bottom. Assuming the battery is removable, do we have to remove those bolts?
View attachment 2994

Thanks in advance!!

I had a test ride on the Devinci AC a while back
2018 Devinci AC nx/gx

And yesterday I picked up the Kenevo Expert. I've only had one short ride on it so far. The dropper is quite okay, I can drop it quite far before the saddle tilts, but it can take some time to find the lowest position before tilt occurs. What bothers me is that the saddle doesn't drop as far as I prefer. The 47cm seat tube won't let me drop the post any further, and I guess the tilting mechanism adds height to the saddle. Oh, and I'm gonna seriously hurt my self on that saddle shooting back up. I'm not used to that.

The price difference sounds huge, the Kenevo Expert is 10% more expensive than the AC XT around here. The Kenevo is about 1 kg lighter and my first impression is that the AC is focused on speed and stability downhill, while the Kenevo feels a bit more nimble.

This is my first time on the Brose motor, and it's a 1.3. I haven't ridden it enough to say anythin for certain, but I don't think the E8000 is any worse, except for noise levels. The Brose 1.3 does need some movement of the cranks before kicking in, so starting in the middle of a steep climb can be difficult. Shimano could be slightly better. Will test them head to head soon. Brose will give a burst of power when kicking in, like the E8000.

1. Power-on is on the battery. It's a surprisingly small button. You don't use it that often, I wouldn't focus too much on that.

2. The battery is integrated (Shimano BT-E8020). If you unlock it, it will drop out. Like this
https://www.bike24.com/i/p/2/3/184032_03_d.jpg

3. Yes and yes :)

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
I really wanted to create a dedicated thread for your questions @Sophie777 , hope that's okay. You wrote somewhere else

I had a test ride on the Devinci AC a while back
2018 Devinci AC nx/gx

And yesterday I picked up the Kenevo Expert. I've only had one short ride on it so far. The dropper is quite okay, I can drop it quite far before the saddle tilts, but it can take some time to find the lowest position before tilt occurs. What bothers me is that the saddle doesn't drop as far as I prefer. The 47cm seat tube won't let me drop the post any further, and I guess the tilting mechanism adds height to the saddle. Oh, and I'm gonna seriously hurt my self on that saddle shooting back up. I'm not used to that.

The price difference sounds huge, the Kenevo Expert is 10% more expensive than the AC XT around here. The Kenevo is about 1 kg lighter and my first impression is that the AC is focused on speed and stability downhill, while the Kenevo feels a bit more nimble.

This is my first time on the Brose motor, and it's a 1.3. I haven't ridden it enough to say anythin for certain, but I don't think the E8000 is any worse, except for noise levels. The Brose 1.3 does need some movement of the cranks before kicking in, so starting in the middle of a steep climb can be difficult. Shimano could be slightly better. Will test them head to head soon. Brose will give a burst of power when kicking in, like the E8000.

1. Power-on is on the battery. It's a surprisingly small button. You don't use it that often, I wouldn't focus too much on that.

2. The battery is integrated (Shimano BT-E8020). If you unlock it, it will drop out. Like this
https://www.bike24.com/i/p/2/3/184032_03_d.jpg

3. Yes and yes :)

Thanks for your reviews of the Kenevo and the Devinci AC.
I have also read elsewhere that the E8000 kicks in quicker, making starting on a steep hill easier than the Brose - which is important for me.
Also I don't think I like so much the command post rising so fast, and the tilting thing.
Haven't decided, but leaning towards a Devinci (also waiting to see what the Levo 2019 turns out to be).

Looking forward to your head to head test between the two; especially confirmation that the Shimano motor is easier to start on hills.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
The tilt on the seatpost doesnt seem to be an issue, but the return rate is a bit scary!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I did suggest it should be called the Specialized Emasculator...

Reactions: Dax

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Thanks for your reviews of the Kenevo and the Devinci AC.
I have also read elsewhere that the E8000 kicks in quicker, making starting on a steep hill easier than the Brose - which is important for me.
Also I don't think I like so much the command post rising so fast, and the tilting thing.
Haven't decided, but leaning towards a Devinci (also waiting to see what the Levo 2019 turns out to be).

Looking forward to your head to head test between the two; especially confirmation that the Shimano motor is easier to start on hills.
I really didn’t like the the WU command post, so I swapped it out for a BikeYoke Revive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles