Fork Choice Help

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Lyrik for me.
I've never ridden the Lyric Ultimate, but I'm assuming that it's better than a top of the range Pike. I have ridden a Fox Factory of several years ago and I believe that the top Pike at that time was better. Of course nothing stays still, so I'd have to test the Rockshox Lyric vs the Fox Factory to confirm. Anyone going to oblige? :LOL:

D

Deleted member 4988

Awesome bit of kit !
IMG_20190919_121417_1.jpg

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Not sure about you guys, but confused w/the OP's question. What forks are fitted to your new LEVO now and why the needed change?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Lyric ultimate or fox factory for a new levo?
Neither
Get a Yari with the motion control dampener.
Replace the dampener with a Yari up from Fast suspension.
Yari has the same chassis as the Lyrik. You don’t have to bleed the Yari up dampener unlike the Charger dampener which requires special tools. It is also just as good and has low and mid speed compression adjustment dials and high speed by shims.
Unless you want some dog cock red forks ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Neither
Get a Yari with the motion control dampener.
Replace the dampener with a Yari up from Fast suspension.
Yari has the same chassis as the Lyrik. You don’t have to bleed the Yari up dampener unlike the Charger dampener which requires special tools. It is also just as good and has low and mid speed compression adjustment dials and high speed by shims.
Unless you want some dog cock red forks ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Ive had yari’s on a Cube and wasn’t keen on them, granted they were stock.
I’m trying to decide whether to buy a 2020 levo comp or base and spec it up.
The comp would probably be fine for me with the stock lyrics but I’m not keen on any of the 2020 colours.
I like the blue and the red of the base models but would upgrade the forks and brakes. If I was upgrading the forks I might as well have really good one hence the ultimate or fox.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles