VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I think this thread is going off track a bit.. let me help ..

Singer 964 to help celebrate the 934.5 .... "Singer ... bringing bike pricing to cars"

While I was in the pits at Le-Mans classic this year, this one was stopping people in their tracks
Surely this deep purple beast with the cleanest cockpit has to make it into consideration?

It does, it's 5 days too late, I've placed my order and have confirmation

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It does, it's 5 days too late, I've placed my order and have confirmation
So this thread is officially open for abuse ??

1696279090457.png

For 20 plus years the Ford RS200 E2 was the quickest production car in the world and probably Ford’s wildest experiment.
"Driving an RS200 is like being hit in the chest with a 2x4!" , said Swedish race car driver Stig Blomqvist who was speaking of the quick and violent reaction from the turbo boost. As opposed to every one of the other highly modified production-based cars and engines that were built by other manufacturers, the RS200 was designed from the ground-up as a purpose-built, mid-engined rally-supercar, and the 200 homologation road-legal models were essentially a by-product of Ford wanting to race the RS200 and show off their technology capabilities in the increasingly popular World Rally Championship. It was also designed by engineers who had extensive backgrounds in motorsports.
For 1987, Ford introduced an "Evolution" variant of the RS200, featuring a redeveloped of the all-aluminum Cosworth BDT which is a DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder, turbo engine, renamed later as BDT-E, displacing 2.1L (130.4 cu in), developed by Briton Brian Hart. Power figures for the engine vary quite a bit from source to source, depending on the boost levels and ranges from 550hp to 815hp; although most typical output was 580hp at 8,000 rpm and 400 lb⋅ft at 5,500 rpm of torque which sent power through a 5-speed to a 4.375:1 rear axle gear. More than a dozen E2's were successfully raced from August 1986 until October 1992 in the FIA European Championships for Rallycross Drivers events all over Europe, and Norwegian Martin Schanche claimed the 1991 European rallycross title with a Ford RS200 E2 that produced over 650hp
The legend of its quickness is attributed to its 0-60mph time which has been documented by the Guinness Book of World Records, but since that time the cars have gone faster with Road & Track posting the quickest time at 2.1 seconds.
+1,200hp
Most recently, with the introduction of new technology in turbo blade design, the Ford RS200 had found a new interest in racing, namely the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. In 2018, rally driver, Liam Doran pushed his over bored 2.4L to a 1.7 second 0-60mph.

You really should order that Nukeproof aswell .. it would be crazy not to ..

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Make sure it is Bosch powered (most reliability, energy efficiency and power).
You should reconsider the Crestline... I'm getting one delivered to Blighty soon and I am amazed by how helpful Troyden is. Okay I haven't got the bike yet (will only take a couple of weeks), but so far this is the best bike buying experience that I've had. Plus look at the spec, there is nothing better out there.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Make sure it is Bosch powered (most reliability, energy efficiency and power).
You should reconsider the Crestline... I'm getting one delivered to Blighty soon and I am amazed by how helpful Troyden is. Okay I haven't got the bike yet (will only take a couple of weeks), but so far this is the best bike buying experience that I've had. Plus look at the spec, there is nothing better out there.
It was one of my first choices, I spoke with Troyden, and yes he's very helpful and a nice chap. But no LBS and the extortionate price took it off my list.

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I think he's planning to get UK distributors, and the price is better than similar bikes at the same spec.
By the way, worth considering the Canyon Strive On. That's probably the second best bike right now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles