So! You're home alone for the week , what film/s y gonna watch?????

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
I have the same in my left ear, a ringing sound after years of playing drums in bands without decent ear protection. It usually isn't too bad and manageable but loud gigs (not I can go to those at the minute) can be a problem and has my ears ringing for days.
I'll check out those ear plugs (y)
I used to play drums in a band too, buts it was the wife's constant nagging that made me develop an evolutionary constant ringing in my ear so I don't have to listen to her...

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I used to play drums in a band too, buts it was the wife's constant nagging that made me develop an evolutionary constant ringing in my ear so I don't have to listen to her...
This idea was explored hilariously by Louis de Bernieres in Captain Corelli's mandolin. In the first chapter too. I'd strongly recommend the book anyway but more so for the old guy with earache from a dried pea he stuffed in his ear as a child.

Also, tinnitus too. Years of playing guitar in bands, stood in front of drummers who wanted to be Keith Moon.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
We watched Summer of Soul last weekend, wow, a must watch for any music fan. The vocal power on show is unreal, specially from the Staples Sisters ?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'll put that book on my read-list
Currently reading Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, he has the most amazing imagination, I recommend reading
Always thought the trick he missed in The Martian was not having the dude roll by a pile of junk & say - Ah, so that's what happened to The Beagle. :giggle:

Summer of soul for me next. Looks amazing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
JOLT - with Kate Beckinsale.

A deep and intellectually expansive movie which tears at many of your pre-conceived ideas about life, the universe and everything.

OK, not really. A sort of action film with comedic undertones. Colourful and lively and can be watched in many 30 second mini sessions whilst you wait for other crap without fear that you'll miss any great unveiling.

Acting is not too bad if you don't have high expectations, fight scenes are a bit flimsy and don't manage to carry any solidity, fluidity or believability to them.

Kate looks nice.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
JOLT
… Kate looks nice.
I was hoping that would be enough, but after seeing the flimsy fight scenes (as you aptly described) in the movie trailer - I’ve decided to give it a miss.

My limit when it comes to this type of movie genre (overly gorgeous Amazon warrior fighting catwalk models) would be Atomic Blonde. At the time I thought it was Charlize Theron’s “niceness” that held my interest - but in hindsight, it was the fight scene choreography that made me hang around till the end. The storyline? Can’t remember what it was about! :giggle:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK

A deep and intellectually expansive movie which tears at many of your pre-conceived ideas about life, the universe and everything.

OK, not really. A sort of action film with comedic undertones. Colourful and lively and can be watched in many 30 second mini sessions whilst you wait for other crap without fear that you'll miss any great unveiling.

Acting is not too bad if you don't have high expectations, fight scenes are a bit flimsy and don't manage to carry any solidity, fluidity or believability to them.

Kate looks nice.

I was in London a few years ago with a mate, and she was walking in our direction with a couple of friends. She’s as stunning in real life as she is on the big screen. I had to explain that I’m married, so she was very disappointed.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Well I was looking forward to watching this until the blasted Mekro Waave decided to pack in.
Oh well, leftover chilli con carne will be tomorrows snack.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA

Saw this over the weekend. The writing felt like Zack Snyder with his "Comic Book" dial turned up to 11.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Well I was looking forward to watching this until the blasted Mekro Waave decided to pack in.
Oh well, leftover chilli con carne will be tomorrows snack.
I had to watch the trailer to figure out whether I’ve seen it or not. Halfway through I still wasn’t sure, then… oh yeah, I’ve seen it not too long ago. @Zimmerframe was right - kinda like a long deodorant advertisement (or was it a multi-blade shaver?). ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Fast and the Furious 9 ..

What can I say, it was raining and I was feeling very very very lazy .

Packed with stunts and scenes which are so ridiculous your brain actually filters them out so you may as well watch a blade of grass grow for excitement. It's a bit like watching something animated - like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner ... except roadrunner adhered to gravity, friction and reality more scientifically, you could relate more to the characters and you didn't spend your whole time wondering how much longer there was to go.

Severely lacking in story, much of which seemed to have been shared from the same fag packet as many other movies. Like many of the newer "action" movies, you might as well just duct tape a kaleidoscope to your face for two hours and spin it up with a cordless drill.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Worse. They are mostly remakes of the same story with the same characters.
That statement fits most of Hollywood's output for the last 5 years!!!

Disney with their 're-imagining' of their classics usually as live action or hybrids. Re-interpretations of other well received films like Total Recall (from prior to last 5 years but you get the point). Hardly anything NEW coming out...

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
"Sorry We Missed You" - Netflix - Ken Loach short film / drama.
Grim and gritty British film highlighting the realities of the gig economy. Worth a watch.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The Serpent is good on Netflix. Series based on a true story of some gem dealing guy that murders a load of hippies in the 70’s by poisoning them, usually at parties

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
That statement fits most of Hollywood's output for the last 5 years!!!

Disney with their 're-imagining' of their classics usually as live action or hybrids. Re-interpretations of other well received films like Total Recall (from prior to last 5 years but you get the point). Hardly anything NEW coming out...
Disney better bring back Johnny Depp or else!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:;)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
ANIARA - “a masterpiece you haven’t seen.“
A Swedish Sci-Fi movie

Turn on the English subtitles and wear your ‘big girl panties’ (a figure of speech).

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
We’ve been watching Manifest. Quite an interesting concept, but with 42 episodes and no sign of it ever ending, could think of better things to do with our time. Trouble is, once you’re hooked, it’s like an addiction!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles