So I "upgraded" my Turbo levo and its gained more weight than me this xmas.

FatKnacker

Jan 3, 2024
Uk
Hi all,

New to the forum.

Bought a turbo levo comp carbon, loved it. Over the last few months I decided to upgrade a few parts for not much more than bling factor first and function secondTBH. Just weighed it today and it appears to have gained weight faster than me. Lol.
26.3kg's with a 170 fox factory fork, push eleven six rear shock, Cascade link, Crank Bro's carbon wheels and flats, Hope V4 brakes, Burgtec seat, stem and bars and conti tyres.

Its an S5 size.

Im not that bothered that its heavier but I am surpised a bit that it gained so much.

Anyone else fallen for this trickery or is it just me :)

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Sounds heavy for a carbon Levo. That shock is heavy but the rest is normal stuff.

What conti tyres are they ? If theyre downhill casing that's where you can gain a lot of weight

FatKnacker

Jan 3, 2024
Uk
Sounds heavy for a carbon Levo. That shock is heavy but the rest is normal stuff.

What conti tyres are they ? If theyre downhill casing that's where you can gain a lot of weight
Yes they are, super heavy duty for winter mud slinging. Amazing grip though.
Argotal front and Kryptotal rear. Game changing but bloody heavy it seems.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I have the same tyres on my trek fuel exe "lightweight" ebike. Think it weighs about 19.5kg - 20kg with them fitted

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Tyres make a hell of a difference especially when riding, they can make the bike feel like a barge. Made even worse when they're packed with mud.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles