Sizing

Toomba

Jun 3, 2022
Yamahar1
Looking for my first ebike, I have the chance of a medium 140sl. I am 5ft 10, would the medium be too small? I seem to be in between sizes

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I was looking for a 140 M, but only the 160 L was available.
About 1m77, happy with my L !!

Last edited:

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
5'8" (174cm) here and I just bought a 2020 Hybrid 160 SL Medium, as standard I found I was sat off the back of the saddle slightly so bought a new slightly longer saddle (Ergon SMC Sport Gel) and some new handlebars (Nukeproof 35mm rise), slid the saddle as far back as it would go and tilted the bars forward ever so slightly and now the bike feels fine. I was going to also get a 10mm longer stem (Truvativ Hussefelt 60mm) but the bars and saddle did the trick I think.

I guess it all depends how long your arms are as well. The medium is a good height for me but the reach was just a tad too small but I think the Large would have been a bit too tall for me. Hard to know without actually being able to try both.

According to Cube my height puts me firmly at a Medium which would probably be right if my arms were slightly shorter.

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
I'd agree with the consensus that the medium would be too small for you. Cube sizing guide is pretty accurate though if you're still unsure.

Toomba

Jun 3, 2022
Yamahar1
Thanks for advice, off to try a medium today but think it’s going to be too small. Unfortunately no larges around

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Thanks for advice, off to try a medium today but think it’s going to be too small. Unfortunately no larges around
Well like I said I'm 5'8" and Cube recommend a Medium, the height was fine but I was sat off the back of the saddle just a tiny bit but just a couple of tiny changes sorted it for me. Definitely take some Allen keys with you because if you find the same you can make sure the saddle is back as far as it will go and rotate the bars forward a little because small adjustments can sometimes be the answer. As above I actually had to change my saddle and bars to get the bike to fit me but I was going to do that anyway. The height of the Medium is perfect for me with the standard Cube dropper post.

Also worth noting that you could remove some spacers and drop the stem down to gain more reach and add riser bars or an upward tilted stem to maintain the height while doing so.

I think if it's close, the reach can be fixed but it's hard to fix the height if you end up with a Large that is too tall for you.

Good luck 👍🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles