Show us your ouchies

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
theres some rotten pictures in here :D :D
anyway, if you've watched my vids you might have heard of the the "kneehole descent' and this is why :D

1625251496118.png

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I'd post pix of my cracked ribs and partially collapsed left lung from my otb on Tuesday, but the hospital didn't give me copies of the scans. The good news is that I now know what a spirometer is.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
This is why I should have been wearing elbow pads ....

PXL_20210714_192054059.jpg

... and the Kiox unit went flying from my handlebars and completely shattered so I suddenly had to finish the ride acoustic (and now need spend money to replace the Kiox).

bRoWn3y3

Dec 25, 2020
Adelaide , S.A , Australia
While riding at the Whistler Bike Park I happened upon a "Joey" adding to his wish list, while stand on the end of a blind 6 foot drop, with his bike of course. That particular drop has a blind entrance as well, which requires some speed to successfully land correctly, as it drops onto an off camber rock slab. Needless to say, by the time I noticed "Joey" I he jumped off to the side with his bike blocking my only option other than going over the drop, which by that time, was too slow. I landed poorly and my foot slipped off the pedal leaving me with a shattered heel. I probably should have ditched the bike before going off the drop. For everywhere else there are pads, not so much for ankles and wrists.

View attachment 64666
View attachment 64667
I hear broken heels suck !! My mate broke his & it was a long healing process because trying to compensate for the injury he eventually did his AC (knee) and to compensate for that he then put out his hip needing more operations .

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
2 weeks ago today, broken collarbone, left hand and 2 ribs, only just starting to sleep properly back end of last week.

It is the bloody ribs that give me the most grief I’m glade there starting to ache less.

thw consultant told me not to expect to be riding for 4-6 months but I’m sure I will be back before then.

It’s the second major injury in the last ten years, I ripped my knee cap out of my leg in 2012, that was horrific to look at but healed up fine after surgery to put it all back together.

since then Ive broken fingersa few times and ribs but never my collarbone so that’s a new experience at least.

DF417855-5AAF-4E0D-AD62-447FCEF361EC.jpeg

EFD6A798-024C-41C3-8A71-E9264E72B45B.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not me, a friend, but you'd imagine she'd been to the Zimmer school of riding ...

These are from two weeks after her off ....

leg.jpg

Quite impressive swelling on the leg !!!!

bump.jpg

Multiple facial fractures - similar on both sides. Fortunately had a helmet on.

head.jpg

Amazingly, she was on a road bike ... on the road ... as far as we can gather, she lost it on a bend and then highsided.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Not me, a friend, but you'd imagine she'd been to the Zimmer school of riding ...

View attachment 72404

View attachment 72405

View attachment 72406

Amazingly, she was on a road bike ... on the road ... as far as we can gather, she lost it on a bend and then highsided.

did you mug her!!!

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM

View attachment 72404

View attachment 72405

View attachment 72406

Sweet JESUS. I assume she’s ok?! Massive hematomas like that are SCARY.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
bloody hell, what happened and how? she is deffo an old bird who should know better
Still not sure and she can't remember anything .. She got to a right hand junction, I think probably cut it, slipped. The bike caught and she high sided. It looks like someone then ran her over in a truck - but according to a witness, that last part didn't happen.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Tough girl. You'd say the truck came off worse. That's the thing about crashing, you've totally got it nailed all the way up until the moment you bin it. Otherwise none of us would ever step out the front door.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have suffered a couple of pedal slips using my kicker ramp.........strangely it does not seem to hapen for any jumps I do out on the trail ( admittedly nothing big). So for ramp sessions specifically I have bought some shin pads........but they only protect the front of the leg and I have been spiked by the pedal on the back of the leg as well so I may buy something thin ( eg old fashioned thin/pretty useless footbal shin pads) to be held by the shin pad velcros at the back of the leg. It looks like a lot of the injuries above were from a subsequent fall after the pedal slip??

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
And now for something completely different. This hurts like a sod. Brand new bike in the garage, between work, the weather & this, I've done 15 miles on it.

URSzWa-P.jpg large.jpg

Kema

Aug 7, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
I don't have any pics but 6 weeks ago I hit a root or something with my pedal. Highside right down in the ground at 25kph. Ended up with 4 fractured ribs, a fractured shouldblade and a punctured lung. In Sweden we have these local "ER", went there but was sent home with the advice to take aspirin and come back of it got worse. After two weeks it got worse. Couldn't breath so went to another local "ER". After a lung x-ray and a DT they told me I had blood in my lung.
Straight in to surgary and they drained 700ml of blood and a total of 1,4l fluid before I could go home 3 days later.
Next time I'll wear my torso-protection.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I have 3rd round of X-rays Monday, 14 weeks archer breaking my collarbone and it’s still not set/ I am sure if it wasn’t for covid they would have plaited it. Anyway I have private medical and if they still won’t do anything I will go get the surgery just so I can be fit for next year.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
So time for a little update

I went back for my 3rd X-ray with the consultant and after 14 weeks my collarbone is still in 2 parts. The options were do nothing and just have 2 bones instead of one or surgery.

I’m booked in for the robocop treatment next Tuesday, if it was meant to be in two parts I would have been born that way.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
So time for a little update

I went back for my 3rd X-ray with the consultant and after 14 weeks my collarbone is still in 2 parts. The options were do nothing and just have 2 bones instead of one or surgery.

I’m booked in for the robocop treatment next Tuesday, if it was meant to be in two parts I would have been born that way.

Man, that SUCKS. I hope the surgery goes well!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles