RoktMyDog

Feb 23, 2021
USA
What's your favourite part about them?

IDastAdamsBike-.jpg

RoktMyDog

Feb 23, 2021
USA
What did you take picture with, the Hubble!? What an amazing picture. I need one of them phones/cameras in my life ?
Lol. No hubble. A Canon 5D3, it's 2 exposures, 1 foreground and 1 for the galactic core of our universe.
My SL made for a new adventure shooting night scapes. The old man mountain rack is super trick.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Great photo.

Any chance of you starting a seperate thread so you can educate / inspire us?

Eg - a discussion about how you mounted the rack , is that an alloy or carbon rear? For those of us with carbon, how does the SL ride when carrying weight up front? How did the shock cope ?

I've been contemplating taking the kids bike packing when the snow melts but thought I would have to ride the old clunker or carry a huge back pack, it'd be REALY nice to take the SL !

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Lol. No hubble. A Canon 5D3, it's 2 exposures, 1 foreground and 1 for the galactic core of our universe.
My SL made for a new adventure shooting night scapes. The old man mountain rack is super trick.
That's a 2 and half grand camera right? Pretty impeccable. Are you seeing the milky way with your eyes or is it edited in?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
That's a 2 and half grand camera right? Pretty impeccable. Are you seeing the milky way with your eyes or is it edited in?

most modern dslr's can produce dual images like that without external editing - first image " normal" exposure, then a second or multiple images are taken as longer exposure. The camera works out the scene vs star / extra lights etc for you.

I've got an olympus omdem1 , It'd have to be at least 8 years old and being a smaller sensor it's no where near as capable as his cannon. It produces amazing night sky shots ( with a fast enough lens)

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
most modern dslr's can produce dual images like that without external editing - first image " normal" exposure, then a second or multiple images are taken as longer exposure. The camera works out the scene vs star / extra lights etc for you.

I've got an olympus omdem1 , It'd have to be at least 8 years old and being a smaller sensor it's no where near as capable as his cannon. It produces amazing night sky shots ( with a fast enough lens)
I love photography but I don't know much about that level of photography. One day, probably when I'm old and grey I'll make that a new hobby

RoktMyDog

Feb 23, 2021
USA
Great photo.

Any chance of you starting a seperate thread so you can educate / inspire us?

Eg - a discussion about how you mounted the rack , is that an alloy or carbon rear? For those of us with carbon, how does the SL ride when carrying weight up front? How did the shock cope ?

I've been contemplating taking the kids bike packing when the snow melts but thought I would have to ride the old clunker or carry a huge back pack, it'd be REALY nice to take the SL !
Carbon. No front rack, only a rear rack as I only pack only the durable parts of my kit in the bags. Camera and lenses are on my back. Old Man Mountain is the manufacturer., Check out their excellent website for everything you need to know. A+ experience with them.

RoktMyDog

Feb 23, 2021
USA
We're in a dark sky reserve here in idaho, so yes, you can even see faint colors of nebulae in the galactic core with the naked eye. Any modern camera can capture exceptional starscapes these days. Of course making the final image involves blending of a foreground exposure with the sky image. Lonelyspeck.com is a great site to investigate astral photography. Warning, it's absolutely addictive!

Stumpi

Dec 9, 2021
Melbourne Australia
My very custom and utterly awesome mulleted '21 SL Comp Carbon...
Although am lusting after a KenevoSL as Ive pretty much turned this into one lol!

Favourite part of this bike, sheesh, I dunno, all of it...
170 Lyrik Ultimates
210x55 Float X
full AXS / Deity carbon bars with a 35mm stem
Guide RE brakes are std and I love them although I do now run a 200mm rear disc..
Upgraded the cranks to Praxxis Carbon..
Mullet makes a huge difference to the feel of the bike in tight terrain, plus no more bum buz, I run in High flip chip...
i9Hydras on my 29er wheels, Bonty Line pro 30 27.5 rear I picked up in a sale..
It still climbs anything I care to attempt, it descends beautifully without being too much bike to manage.. Jumps really easily (although Im not a big jumper) and just generally does everything almost perfectly... All this and it comes in at 17.9kg running an Assegai up front and a 2.6 Dissector in the rear...
Did I mention I love this bike!!! lol

LevoSL.jpg

Last edited:

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Thanks, I really love this bike! The decals came with the wheels and just happened to match up good.
The colourway is phenomenal. I still look at mine in awe. Ordered some graphite grips and black Hope floaty rotors for 🎄 will post an update when it's looking nearly as nice as yours

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
I just noticed the Fidloc bottle holder. Do you not run an extender and if so, how do you attach it?
I barely use the range extender, but like the clean look of the fidlock and also use them on all of my bikes. So my solution was to use their universal holder not only for my… get loose juice, but for my range extender as well (added a thin velcro strap for extra security, but it works beautifully). 🍻😝🤘

1C9A09DB-9FE2-40F7-8485-DA12A3ED94C0.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
I barely use the range extender, but like the clean look of the fidlock and also use them on all of my bikes. So my solution was to use their universal holder not only for my… get loose juice, but for my range extender as well (added a thin very to strap for extra security, but it works beautifully). 🍻😝🤘

View attachment 77826
Wow, I really like that! I was using the fidlock until this bike. They definitely look better. Nice touch!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles