Shoe covers

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Probably gonna get flamed, but who cares! Has anyone found any decent shoe covers that’ll go over five ten shoes?

I don’t want to wash my shoes after every ride, so bought some reusable covers off Amazon, but the pedals have chewed right through them after a couple of rides. They sell loads of disposable ones on there, which would be ideal, but they’re BLUE! I’m riding every day at the moment, so my shoes are getting caked every day. Machine washing my shoes every day isn’t doable!

Wiggle sell some machine washable ones, but the pedals will chew through those again, so what do you lot use, if anything?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
There was a discussion on this recently and someone pointed out that Endura make something that they designed specifically for five tens

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Try these, i have been using them for 3 months now and although they are a hassle to get on at first, it gets easier with time.

Perfect! I've just ordered a pair. Went with L/XL, hopefully my 9.5 will fit inside.

Last edited:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Please post how they fit as I'll probably need the same size. Should be ideal for my longer rides

They’re too small. I’ve been looking for XXL, but everywhere is sold out, so it’s back to the drawing board.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Got mine for size 11 five10s from Planet X, works a treat - keeps my feet warm and dry from splashes. Not waterproof if you stick your whole foot in a puddle ?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
After hunting around the Internet for something, these seem to be the best option, and cheap

They don’t look particularly sexy, but I guess if they do the job, will have to do.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
After hunting around the Internet for something, these seem to be the best option, and cheap

They don’t look particularly sexy, but I guess if they do the job, will have to do.
Perfect for mincing up the single-track lol

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Perfect for mincing up the single-track lol

I'm still on the lookout for something closer fitting, as these will rub the crank arms. Hopefully someone else will have some decent suggestions, as I've lost the will to keep searching!

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
Just wear wellies. Water proof, warm and high enough the mud does not go over the top.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I know you’re all on the edge of your seats waiting for an update, so after trying the sealskinz overshoe (even xxl was still too small), the sealskinz over sock (no good, as the pedals will mash up the fabric instantly), I’ve just received the GripGrab Ride Winter overshoes.

XXL fit over my UK9.5 freeriders perfectly. Having Velcro underneath and at the back, they’re easy to put on and take off, so should do a perfect job of keeping my shoes cleaner and drier.

I‘m not expecting miracles, but if it means that I don’t have to wash my shoes after every ride, then they’ll do the job.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Theres a thread on this somewhere on the forum, from a few years back, where people tried out he various options - IIRC the enduro overshoes are a nightmare to get on and off, and also end up getting chewed up by pedals.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles