Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Anyone used these guys? Looking from UK to Finale Ligure

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
Anyone used these guys? Looking from UK to Finale Ligure
I think EMBN did a video on them last year, when the went to Italy. Seemed a good alternative to driving.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I think EMBN did a video on them last year, when the went to Italy. Seemed a good alternative to driving.
Very cheap that Rob I paid £175 from Berkshire cycles to near Aberdeen using a motorcycle carrier. No body else would look at it the battery is a no go . Parcelforce took it down but I told a few porkies and wouldn'tchance it again. Their insurance only covers loss not damage I was told . I think there is a limit on value they queried my order. Good luck . First Ebike I rode was Finale hot place in July

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Is anyones interested, we got a quote of €960 for 4 ebikes and €560 for insurance for them all. It’s a lot, but actually cheaper than ferries, fuel and tolls, so we’re using them to get the bikes from London to Finale.

Means we can fly down to nice (£130 return flights!) and then train it to Finale. Saves a 17 hour drive!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Is anyones interested, we got a quote of €960 for 4 ebikes and €560 for insurance for them all. It’s a lot, but actually cheaper than ferries, fuel and tolls, so we’re using them to get the bikes from London to Finale.

Means we can fly down to nice (£130 return flights!) and then train it to Finale. Saves a 17 hour drive!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

Out of interest, where do the bikes get delivered to? Your accomodation or somewhere else?

And Why do you want ebikes in finale? Just take normal bikes and use the various van uplift companies that operate there to avoid the majority of pedalling.I think id rather be on my normal bike in a place like finale where there are uplifts constantly available.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Out of interest, where do the bikes get delivered to? Your accomodation or somewhere else?

And Why do you want ebikes in finale? Just take normal bikes and use the various van uplift companies that operate there to avoid the majority of pedalling.I think id rather be on my normal bike in a place like finale where there are uplifts constantly available.
They will deliver to any address you choose - we are getting them delivered to a bike shop.

Last time I was there on an ebike we did some amazing tours and ebike climbs, so there’s definitely some benefits in an eeb out there too 👊 (And I don’t own a non ebike!)

timotei99

Nov 27, 2021
Exeter, Devon
Yes and very satisfied too. We shipped 2 ebikes from the UK to Tasmania, it took about 8 days door to door. The cost was quite a bit though €1400 for both one way, but that was the only option as nothing for sale locally and rentals cost a fortune. Hopefully sell the bike before we leave on a couple of weeks time.

andycapandy

Mar 1, 2023
Manchester
I just found ship to cycle on YouTube, never heard of them before. Currently having issues of getting batteries in cyprus for my bosch ebikes I've shipped over with out battery. I've emailed for a quote but interested in any information on how you found them ( old post some maybe some new information)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I just found ship to cycle on YouTube, never heard of them before. Currently having issues of getting batteries in cyprus for my bosch ebikes I've shipped over with out battery. I've emailed for a quote but interested in any information on how you found them ( old post some maybe some new information)
Know what you mean I ended up using a company that delivers motor cycles to get from London to North Scotland cost a fortune. Good luck

andycapandy

Mar 1, 2023
Manchester
Well this didn't go to plan. They can not ship ebikes with the battery currently. The quote was for 4 ebikes, uk to cyprus. But it's not much use with no batteries.
I have asked them why there is a problem and if they can it rill ve possible if the future. I will update when I know more.

Screenshot_20230406_163902_Gmail.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes how do ebikes get delivered to dealer in first place. Must be an insurance thing im thinking. I know there is limits on size or wattage of battery allowed by post.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
I wonder if Fed Ex would ship the batteries separate .

If the Cartel can do it ; I’m sure we can figure out a way.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Ship to Cycle sounds like a complete waste of time. Better to hire a bike or fly with your own bike and go with a company that rents batteries OR get a lightweight you can fly with extenders eg KSL.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Have you tried one of the bigger removal firms?
I was trying to get my ebike to Portugal for a week and a removal firm would do it for about £150 each way.
I decided to hire but it could be worth spending a bit of time on Google for yourself.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Also the big transport firms will ship bikes but they need to be in crates. My mate works for Nidd transport and that was another option for me.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
You could get someone to do it but to get a bike delivered overseas and picked up again on specific dates if it was for a holiday is not so easy . Next day private courier quoted me
£ 800 for a bike for a four hundred mile journey.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Wouldn't mind a list of places that hire batteries in UK and Europe . In an ideal world they would stock three of each brand of cycle . Dream on .

andycapandy

Mar 1, 2023
Manchester
I have been in Contact with a relocation place in cyprus. They need a european declaration of conformity. I did find this online for the bosch powertube batteries, but it was missing the 750wh. So I emailed bosch who sent me a load of attachments, but the european declaration was not one of them. So I emailed them again and got nothing back.
I'm actually setting up to hire the bikes over here, so some of the other options suggested, like renting may not be suitable 🤣

simple_ben

Apr 10, 2023
Germany
Yes and very satisfied too. We shipped 2 ebikes from the UK to Tasmania, it took about 8 days door to door. The cost was quite a bit though €1400 for both one way, but that was the only option as nothing for sale locally and rentals cost a fortune. Hopefully sell the bike before we leave on a couple of weeks time.
Apparently, this ship has sailed as far as Ship to Cycle. I asked to ship a bike to Tasmania fact, and here is the response:

Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot process any order regarding air shipments of e-bikes, due to transport limitations and restrictions regarding batteries.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Apparently, this ship has sailed as far as Ship to Cycle. I asked to ship a bike to Tasmania fact, and here is the response:

Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot process any order regarding air shipments of e-bikes, due to transport limitations and restrictions regarding batteries.
Like many things in life rules and regulations that are ok today can change rapidly. I was looking at a Cytronex battery pack it's got two 98 wh batteries inside a water bottle type carrier and ok for flying with they say . I can just see someone arguing at the check in with that or I could be all wrong .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles