Shimano XT Brakes, 4-piston, perfect fit for mode controller

Cannikin

Oct 15, 2019
San Marcos, CA
I put the 4-piston Shimano XT's (M8120) on my bike tonight and found that the mode controller for your left thumb fits PERFECTLY in these. It's like Shimano custom made them for the Levo controller. They added a little bracket that sits against the handlebar for stability:

1573016404937.png

I figured with my luck there was no way the controller was going to fit in there, but it snuggles right in between that and the handlebar bracket like it was made for it:

IMG_0566.jpeg

I added a Wolf Tooth dropper remote at the same time and the cable from the controller fits right between the brake the Wolf Tooth:

IMG_0567.jpeg

Gotta break in the brakes (ha!) tomorrow. I've got a 2020 Comp which came with Guide brakes. They're the first SRAM brakes I've ever had and they seemed a little too squishy to me—I've always had Shimanos.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Man, I waited almost a year, that someone will confirm exactly that, if Levo Controller will fit there.
Thanks...(y)

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Nice. :cool:
I had to do some modification with my centerlock Shimano XTR RT-MT900 rotor.
As original magnet setup doesn't fit. Attaching the magnet to rotor arm is only option, but the magnet will be catching the bump on the rear triangle.
At the end I somehow managed just to clear it with 1 mm and still trigger the sensor. Little tight for my comfort.. :sneaky:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Swapped out the rotors tonight for the full Shimano stopping package.
i like shimano rotors because they seem grippier and less noisy , they are definitely a softer metal so they ding easier and only need half the touch to true them

juuungle

Apr 18, 2019
New Zealand
Cheers OP.

I'm looking at picking up a set of these brakes, and have a few questions to check compatibility with my cockpit setup:

- Do you have a Specialized dropper post, and if so what was the mounting like between the brake, Levo remote controller, and dropper remote?
- Do you run a SRAM shifter, and does it mount to these brake levers?
- What angle do you run the Levo remote controller on your handlebars? Do you happen to have a more side on pic of your setup?

Cannikin

Oct 15, 2019
San Marcos, CA
- Do you have a Specialized dropper post, and if so what was the mounting like between the brake, Levo remote controller, and dropper remote?

I do have the dropper but I swapped out the stock remote for a Wolf Tooth. You’ll want to get the one that fits Shimano I-Spec EV.

- Do you run a SRAM shifter, and does it mount to these brake levers?

I kept the SRAM shifter and got an adapter that goes from I-Spec EV to the SRAM Matchmaker (Wolf Tooth makes this as well)

- What angle do you run the Levo remote controller on your handlebars? Do you happen to have a more side on pic of your setup?

The remote really only fits at one angle because the collar sort of swells thicker in the back and where the cable exits out the back. It just happens to fit at the perfect (to me) angle by happenstance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles