Shimano e8000 Battery/Display issue

Pecan76

Nov 29, 2020
Uk
Hi all,
My bike has an internal 504w/hr battery, Shimano e8000 motor and the e7000 display and e7000 shifter. Bike has done about 300kms. Rider weight about 100kgs all in with winter kit.

I was riding yesterday nd all was going well, I had climbed 700m and still had 3 bars of batter on the display. Stopped for about 30mins for lunch and climbed another 170m before the bike dropped to 1 bar of battery and the mode went to “off” so no assistance at all.

When it stopped I was climbing a pretty steep hill in boost mode but I wasn’t sure if it should have at least dropped to eco for a little bit and also the fact that the display was still showing 1 bar of battery. When I tried to change modes from “Off” it just made 2 beeps.

It was pretty cold, no more than 5 degrees Celsius so just wondered if the above was normal and to be expected or not. Not exactly confidence inspiring going from 3 bars to dead in 2minuted of boost mode though.

Any help/advice would be greatly received!

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I wouldBoost in the cold is the top endn't worry.

1. Cold definitely affects battery life. And don't charge in the cold for battery health.

2. The battery bars are not linear. On my bike the first bar is about 30% and the last one about 10%..

Gordon

As a counterpoint my smart watch and phone shutdown yesterday...... due to heat. Twas 42 here, in the shade.

Pecan76

Nov 29, 2020
Uk
Thanks Gordon. Yeah I was just worried how the bars dropped (literally in a minute or 2 of steep hill with boost) and the fact it still said I had 1 bar of battery but wouldn't shift modes. I charged it overnight and all seems fine today....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles