Shimano display suggestions

Riseguy

Oct 26, 2022
Ny
Need some advice on changing the display on my bars. I’m currently running the EW-WN100 junction/display with the E7000 switch. I’d like to upgrade to a wireless display to be able to change profiles on the fly & be able to see battery levels. Wanted to know if any Rise owners have done this and what they used.
Thanks and have a great day!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
@Rod B. did a stellar write-up on the procedure. Take a look in the stickies at the top of the Orbea Forum. A week ago I helped a friend do this, and it's FAR easier than you might think. Get the computer, get the jumper wire, have a spare dropper cable on hand, just in case.

Riseguy

Oct 26, 2022
Ny
@Rod B. did a stellar write-up on the procedure. Take a look in the stickies at the top of the Orbea Forum. A week ago I helped a friend do this, and it's FAR easier than you might think. Get the computer, get the jumper wire, have a spare dropper cable on hand, just in case.
Thanks for responding. I read all of the thread. Since I don’t have a dropper cable running the that port, it sounds like it may be even easier. I also read somewhere that someone was using their Garmin instead of the display to get better battery level and rider profile adjustment. Which display did you work with?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Since I don’t have a dropper cable running the that port, it sounds like it may be even easier. I also read somewhere that someone was using their Garmin instead of the display to get better battery level and rider profile adjustment. Which display did you work with?

No dropper? The the job is super easy. If you're a good enough mechanic to plug in your iPhone and install a bike bell, then you're good-to-go. The computer (display) that we installed was the SC-EM800. That's the color one.

Interestingly, my friend used to use a Garmin watch to check the battery level. She likes the Shimano Display MUCH better.

Riseguy

Oct 26, 2022
Ny
No dropper? The the job is super easy. If you're a good enough mechanic to plug in your iPhone and install a bike bell, then you're good-to-go. The computer (display) that we installed was the SC-EM800. That's the color one.

Interestingly, my friend used to use a Garmin watch to check the battery level. She likes the Shimano Display MUCH better.
Ok. Going to go with your suggestion. I guess I’ll go back and reread the thread and order what I need. Thanks so much for your help!

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I was reading this, excited about upgrading my display. Get to the end and realize my bike came with the SC-EM800, so no upgrade. I'd love something as detailed as the Bafang display on our Biktrix. The battery display is crap on the EM800, I can't imagine what could be worse.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I was reading this, excited about upgrading my display. Get to the end and realize my bike came with the SC-EM800, so no upgrade. I'd love something as detailed as the Bafang display on our Biktrix. The battery display is crap on the EM800, I can't imagine what could be worse.
i have that display on my pivot LT, it's better than nothing. I couldn't stand it after a few weeks and got a garmin edge 530 mtb kit that shows battery life as a percentage, has good navigation and endless customizations for screens.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
i have that display on my pivot LT, it's better than nothing. I couldn't stand it after a few weeks and got a garmin edge 530 mtb kit that shows battery life as a percentage, has good navigation and endless customizations for screens.

That is useful feedback. I wonder how hard it would be to steal the one off the wife's bike and use it? Any idea on its transferability and multi-user ability? She rides outdoors a lot less than I do, and I don't think she needs the Garmin on the indoor bike...

I also have not seen what the Shimano app can tell me on my phone. They fucked it, introduced a bug, and it won't run on my phone. I got the bike shortly before the bug, and never really got to try it. Have you tried it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles