Shimano E8000 display defaulting to showing current speed....Help

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
The display on my E8000 keeps defaulting to showing the current speed.
When I scroll through the menu and select a different screen, after about five seconds it changes back to showing the current speed. I'm sure it must be possible to set the display so it continues to show other screens such as the cadence or distance?
I have the Shimano E Tube app on my phone and I can connect to the bike (Merida E160 2020) to change the settings in the custom and dynamic modes but unable to get the different screens to stay showing.
Anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to set the screen to stop it defaulting?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Mine also defaults to Speed, but that is what I want anyway, so it never bothered me. The only method I can think of is to remove all the screens from the display except the one you want the most. Maybe if you remove Speed, it will stay wherever you leave it, but it may default to something else.
It would be nice to be able to alter the sequence of screens, but I don't care enough to go and have a look to see if I can do it; Shimano might upload their new update that I don't like the sound of.

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
Hi Steve, I will try to remove the current speed from the display and see if that makes any difference. There must be a way to change it and I find it frustrating having to keep pressing that small button to get to the screen I want for it to default after five or ten seconds. Especially when the battery is getting low and range anxiety sets in.
I've had mine updated twice with no issues so far; why would you not update the software?

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
Hi Steve, I will try to remove the current speed from the display and see if that makes any difference. There must be a way to change it and I find it frustrating having to keep pressing that small button to get to the screen I want for it to default after five or ten seconds. Especially when the battery is getting low and range anxiety sets in.
I've had mine updated twice with no issues so far; why would you not update the software?
Unable to remove the current speed. There are three other screens which can't be removed, distance, odo and range. I removed all the others and it made no difference, still defaulting to the current speed so I will put the other screens back as there's no advantage to not having them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles