Levo Gen 2 Shigura Question

Clustertoad

May 13, 2021
Colorado
I'm switching out the Guides with 200mm discs on my 2020 Turbo Levo Comp to a Sigura setup and have a question about the caliper mount.

IMG-7252.JPG

I went with the Magura MT7 with 203mm discs and thought I would have to change the adapter (or add a washer) to accommodate the extra 3mm diameter. However when I mounted the caliper on the original 20mm spacer I can still see some pad above the disc. Adding 3mm to the spacer would only make this worse. It would appear that the caliper should come down if anything.

There does seem to be pad contact to the bottom of the outside ring of the disc - another reason to leave it as it is, I guess.

Clustertoad

May 13, 2021
Colorado
To be clear, it appears that the caliper is too high, rather than too low, which is the opposite of what you would expect with a larger disc.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Why would anyone go shimano levers. They are the worst ones on the market. There is a reason why there are aftermarket internals for those levers.

There is a inconsistent wandering bite point and someone in Russia just brought out a product to fix it...

The magura levers are great. If you can stretch to the full magura set up I'd 100% go for that.
Matter of own preferences. Shimano SLX lever is just awesome. In my opinion Maguras belong to the trash can. :)
If you wanna ride, not bleed or fix your brakes constantly stick with Shimanos.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Matter of own preferences. Shimano SLX lever is just awesome. In my opinion Maguras belong to the trash can. :)

I agree my mt7 calipers paired with xt levers were the best brakes I've ever owned.
Got sick of the flexy leaky fragile magura levers, they really are garbage.
As for spacing from a 200 to 203mm disk I needed a 1.5mm washer at the front and a 4mm washer at the back. I used the deeper of the 2 conical washers for this.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I bled my Maguras once when I installed them a year ago. A year and a few thousand miles later there is no sponginess and the bite point has not moved. I've also had a few crashes. The Magura levers still look and work fine.

I have to wonder what you guys are doing wrong that causes your bleeding or parts breakage problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles