Levo Gen 2 Magura adapter question

Clustertoad

May 13, 2021
Colorado
I upgraded the Guide brakes on a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp to Magura MT7 calipers (with Shimano XT levers) along with the 203mm rotors. Now you would think that the original adapters (for 200 mm rotors would need to be taller, however, this is not the case! The Magura QM44 adapter is recommended, however, this brings the caliper up even more! So I left the front original front spacer in place, resulting in an area at the top of the pad of non-contact with the rotor (see image). There is a spongy feel and the need for a full pull to get maximum braking on the front. On the rear, I was able to put together some spacers and it's getting full contact and has a good feel (image). I have thought about bringing the adapters to a machine shop to reduce them appropriately, but I was wondering if there are other solutions?

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Basingstoke UK
Why have you got all them spacers under the front caliper?
Assume it's a +20 adaptor and ideally you need a +23. A 1.5mm washer is all that should be needed under the caliper.
I've no idea what you've done to the back.
Edit. Don't use spacers UNDER the caliper. I've only ever seen guides require this.

Last edited:

Clustertoad

May 13, 2021
Colorado
Why have you got all them spacers under the front caliper?
Assume it's a +20 adaptor and ideally you need a +23. A 1.5mm washer is all that should be needed under the caliper.
I've no idea what you've done to the back.
Edit. Don't use spacers UNDER the caliper. I've only ever seen guides require this.
The spacers you see are under the REAR caliper, which is operating fine. My point is that the caliper is too high with the OE 200mm adapter. Any additional height would make the situation worse, not better. I know, crazy right?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
My problem is not that the caliper is too low, but that it is too high, so adding 3mm makes it worse, not better. Crazy but true.

Just saw that you have the "shimano style" spherical washers in there. Get rid of those and use the bolts that came with the Maguras. The caliper should rest directly on the posts or the adapter.

Magura.jpeg

pocii

Apr 9, 2022
Germany
you have to remove the CPS washers under the caliper! you need these washers only when you have CPS calipers like SRAM Guide RE!
then you can use your QM44 for front and rear for the 203mm rotors

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles