Sherwood Pines and NCB area Sun 12th Sep'21 (spaces left)

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
@myapes and I are at Pines regularly, you can tag along any time. Sorry, but you have missed this one.
no worries. i discovered first hand at the weekend the perils of a train of people following through unknown forest when we ended up on the railway line at wharncliffe. :ROFLMAO: At least being local if i was dropped from the pack i can figure out where to go at pines.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I realise I've missed this but I'd 100% be up for the next one

I've been wanting to do Pines for a while but the red route just looks too boring. Would love to see some of the off-piste stuff you've found!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
But if you havent got a ticket you cant come in..
:ROFLMAO: Lets be clear, whoever turns up will not be turned away! For starters, how could I? All they would have to do is to tag along. The safest thing and the friendliest thing to do would be to include them in the ride. However I do have concerns and I have listed them and believe that I have taken a sensible approach to try to limit numbers for the good of all. It is a proper waste of time for everyone while we try to find those missing.

Along the route there is a discarded pair of what look like dirty grey underpants, been there weeks. @myapes suggested that the first one to get lost has to wear them on their head for the rest of the ride. It made me laugh, but I wasn't certain that he was joking! :unsure:
If he was serious, no doubt he will collect them on the way round and be ready for the anointing! :ROFLMAO:

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
Hey, if it helps, I’ll withdraw my tentative commitment, doesn’t seem fair to take a space up with a “maybe”, not if there are a few definate’s missing out.
??

besides, I prefer knickers on my head :/

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
@steve_sordy I'll not be able to make it now. Been feeling off all week and might be ok on Sunday but I'd rather not be a potential hindrance on the day, it's not fair on everyone else, so whoever couldn't go due to numbers, another spare spot :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The latest weather report is for a max of 18 degC, 72% humidity, UV index 3/10 and cloudy all day. The recent rain will have damped down the dust and firmed up the trails. It all sounds pretty good to me.
Sunscreen not required then, but you might need some insect repellent!

@myapes and I have continued to firm up the route and we believe that the distance is now 22 miles plus any sessioning that individuals may wish to do. That allows for doing the winding descent at the far end of the desert twice. Each circuit us about a mile.

Last edited:

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Sorry guys - I've also had an invite to the yorkshire dales and unfortunately they're on the same day.
Was trying to decide but think I'm gonna go north this weekend.

I'll look out for the next one. Hope you all have a good time!

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I'm sure people can get a photo or two of me falling over, my phone tends to stay hidden away leaving the go pro to do the work. :rolleyes: still undecided if i'll ride in or take the car.

Last edited:

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
I should be up there for 1030 to see you all off lol Will be on the bike, as much as it’s tempting to tag along for the ride, I’m just not quite recovered enough. I’ll just be doing a lap of the blue then heading home. So I’ll see you all then.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
I crashed again lol! I really need some lessons I think. Some targets for end of year is steve to climb that hill and me to not crash lol ?.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
@Davvee crashed on the blue or did you venture to the red? I hope you haven't hurt yourself again. When you were out with us you seemed fine with your riding in all honesty. I woke up this morning aching so didn't head out on my gravel bike in the end.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
I tagged along with everyone for about half of the ride. I popped over and rode Death Valley to put my mind at rest. I’m fine just a grazed left side.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Was looking forward to this, unfortunately the bike decided to let me down for the first time by throwing up error 606.
606Battery pack temperature errorCheck the wiring. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer

Hopefully it just needs stripped down and put back together as it was working fine the day previous, but it has only been out on 3 rides since it had an "update to the battery" from the LBS when i also got tour+. With the assistance being intermittent i didn't want to hold the group up with my normal leg power and wanted to throw the bike at the LBS to fix it ASAP as i have some other rides planned in the coming weeks.

Didn't see all the fuss with that hill ? Gutted i couldn't do the full ride properly. :(

Last edited:

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Bloody tree haha. Hope you get it sorted soon mate. The ride was great, I just didn’t wanna push my injuries until I’m fully healed. I still don’t know how @steve_sordy remembers all the route lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles