Service due indicator popped up on kiox.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
The service indicator popped up today saying service due, this is a bosch gen 4 motor with kiox display, is there a way to reset this message ? I don't feel the need to take my bike into a shop for them to poke around it unless we actually need to get this so called service done for any warranty claim ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
From what I can gather there is no warranty requirement to have the motor 'serviced' at set intervals,or even have it serviced at all. I don't think it has any serviceable parts.

From what I can gather the bike dealer can set the service indicator to come on after a certain number of miles or after a certain period of time, and I think you need the bosch dealer software to reset the indicator, don't think you can do it yourself. The dealer can also set the indicator to never show up, so I think you can safely ignore it until next time your bike goes near a dealer and when it's in there ask them to turn it off permanently.

Think it's just an opportunity for bike shops to fleece people who haven't a clue about bikes, maybe it should be a £ symbol instead of a spanner symbol?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
From what I can gather there is no warranty requirement to have the motor 'serviced' at set intervals,or even have it serviced at all. I don't think it has any serviceable parts.

From what I can gather the bike dealer can set the service indicator to come on after a certain number of miles or after a certain period of time, and I think you need the bosch dealer software to reset the indicator, don't think you can do it yourself. The dealer can also set the indicator to never show up, so I think you can safely ignore it until next time your bike goes near a dealer and when it's in there ask them to turn it off permanently.

Think it's just an opportunity for bike shops to fleece people who haven't a clue about bikes, maybe it should be a £ symbol instead of a spanner symbol?
Your not wrong, there's no serviceable parts on the motor, I like maintaining the bike so its all good there. I shall just put up with the message but its a bit of a bug :rolleyes: .
Thanks for confirming its not a warranty issue and its intriguing to no its a dealer set confirmation code that can be turned off (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles