Serious problem developed with the Rise...

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
Started happening a few months ago, but seems to be getting a lot worse recently.

Been out riding 4 or 5 times in the last two weeks and bike keeps ending up at the pub, not sure if it's an electrical issue or the headset??

Fortunately thanks to boost I can manage to escape after 3 or 5 pints and get home fine.

Anyone got any ideas? This it getting expensive (it's £4.60 a pint!!)

Should I just accept it like the sh1t free hub and carry on or contact my dealer and see if they can sort it (unsure as they are only half a mile from the pub, seems risky to me, bike will be off again!!).

Any advice would be appreciated

IMG20230720195934.jpg
IMG20230709203129.jpg

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Been out riding 4 or 5 times in the last two weeks and bike keeps ending up at the pub, not sure if it's an electrical issue or the headset??

Fortunately thanks to boost I can manage to escape after 3 or 5 pints and get home fine.

Anyone got any ideas? This it getting expensive (it's £4.60 a pint!!)
Ive had the same issue except its even more expensive here in NZ. Most pints of craft beer here around £6 to £7 each. In fact last saturday I almost collapsed when I was charged £17 for two english pints.

The nerve of them! Its considerably cheaper to drink at home as Beer sells from supermarkets here and its CHEAP

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’d read the fine print in your warrant. You may not be covered though.

Just a suggestion …but try identifying as a beer coaster. 🤷‍♂️

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Same problem as you but a lot cheaper as we end up in a wetherspoons.🍺 Then there is a challenging 3 mile ricoshay that doesn't always go to plan to get home!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Started happening a few months ago, but seems to be getting a lot worse recently.

Good news, your bike is working correctly and as designed. It can take longer for some bikes than others to be Run in.

Bicycles, especially MTB's, have a long historical connection with beer. Orbea's history is more closely connected to beer than most other brands.

Orbea, the bicycle company, was originally created in 1930 by brothers Juan Manuel and Casimiro when they came to the aid of their cousin Brian.

Brian Regina Patel was born in Birmingham but returned to his mothers native Eibar in Basque Country, Spain, in 1920 to found a multipurpose enterprise "The Spoken For". Brian made wheels during the day but ran a bar and brothel at night.

The business was generally successful. However, by the late 20's it fell on harder times due to less demand for wheels and less free available social time for the evening clientele, things weren't helped by "The Spoken For" being located on the edge of town.

This is when the enterprising brothers Juan Manuel and Casimiro came up with the idea to manufacture bicycles, which were a rarity at the time in Spain. This created an exponential demand for wheels from Brian and clients quickly found that they could spend an extra hour at "The Spoken For" each night due to the time they saved travelling.

And so .. "Orbeer" was founded.

Orbeer, didn't stay as Orbeer for long.

Orbeer was incredibly successful so the brothers moved out of their workshop into a new factory. They employed their other cousin, a young Salvador Dali, to paint "Orbeer" all the way down one wall of the factory. Unfortunately, Dali (who wasn't very good at spelling or maths) had enjoyed a very successful night at "The Spoken For" the night before and ended up painting "Orbea" on one wall, running out of space and painting an "r" on the side wall.

After a hot and frustrated argument over some beers, common sense and the beer won over and the name was changed to "Orbea".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles