Rise smart charger problem

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Hey guys.

I have the smart charger that blinks in blue while charging and stays fixed blue when it's finished.
The problem is it never stops blinking. I have to unplug it after several hours, plug it back in and see if the light stays fixed. This is the only way to see if it's fully charged or not.

Any ideas, anyone had the same experience?
Cheers

nrgbod

Mar 11, 2022
Middlesbrough
Mine does this as well, but usually stops after a few hours. It's probably just balancing the cells in the pack, so best left to finish unless you’re in a hurry.

nrgbod

Mar 11, 2022
Middlesbrough
Yes, 2 - 3 hours after its at 100%. I have the charger plugged into an energy monitor so can see the charge rate has dropped to a few W but the charger light carries on fading in and out.

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Yes, 2 - 3 hours after its at 100%. I have the charger plugged into an energy monitor so can see the charge rate has dropped to a few W but the charger light carries on fading in and out.

ok. The first time I charged the battery was when the bike arrived. After five hours it was still flashing. Today it was already on four bars and after two and a half hours of charging the blue light was still flashing.
I’ll try leaving it longer.

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
I have seen the same behaviour: battery charged 100% when you connect Garmin, but charger still flashing. Reconnecting charger and then blue light is steady.

I think I never left charger for hours after that to discover if blue light comes steady without help :)

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
I have seen the same behaviour: battery charged 100% when you connect Garmin, but charger still flashing. Reconnecting charger and then blue light is steady.

I think I never left charger for hours after that to discover if blue light comes steady without help :)

I left charger plugged a few hours today in my Rise H and it behaves as @nrgbod mentions. There is a point where blue light gets fixed 2 or 3h after battery is charged.

I am wondering now if it is better to charge 85 or 90% to maximize battery life or if it is better to leave charger doing its stuff (cell balancing or whatever it does in those 2-3h after 100% charge).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles