Seeking E-Bike riders NW Oregon

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
I pretty much ride alone because I am not able to find and connect with any other riders with E-bikes.
I have a 2019 Levo Expert and also a 2022 Levo Expert.
Would love to find anyone who would like to meet up for some riding. I am retired so pretty much any day or time works for me.
Plenty of places to ride around NW Oregon.
I am 69 and consider myself maybe just a little above an intermediate rider. Been riding E-MountainBikes since 2015 and regular Mountainbikes regularly since the 90's.
Rode my 1st Mountain bike in the mid 80's so I should be better than I am but I still have time :)

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Hey, I live on Cape Meares and ride an eBike. Similar age and ability it sounds like and also situation regarding being retired.

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
Hey, I live on Cape Meares and ride an eBike. Similar age and ability it sounds like and also situation regarding being retired.
Where do you usually ride? I think I am going to be staying near Seaside this coming week since it is really supposed to heat up. I love going to the coast and always looking for more places to ride.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
We have some trails and lots of logging roads out here on the Cape. Wilson River trails are about 30 minutes away. Just rode the beach from Barview to Nehalem and back with a friend today for an adventure. I used to live in Seaside and there really aren't alot of trails in the area, some fun single track up in the Ft. Stevens State Park starting at DeLaura Beach. Locals tight and techy trails up on the ridge that the Astoria Column sits on that are hard to find but fun to ride.

I'm going up to Clatsop Co. on Wednesday to finish up a friends job for him as a favor but it is over on the LB peninsula.

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
We have some trails and lots of logging roads out here on the Cape. Wilson River trails are about 30 minutes away. Just rode the beach from Barview to Nehalem and back with a friend today for an adventure. I used to live in Seaside and there really aren't alot of trails in the area, some fun single track up in the Ft. Stevens State Park starting at DeLaura Beach. Locals tight and techy trails up on the ridge that the Astoria Column sits on that are hard to find but fun to ride.

I'm going up to Clatsop Co. on Wednesday to finish up a friends job for him as a favor but it is over on the LB peninsula.
Thank you for the info. There is a new mountain bike area called Klootchy Creek which had quite a bit of really nice single track. A lot of flowing trails with some small jumps mixed in. I don't think that is too far from Tillamook.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Thank you for the info. There is a new mountain bike area called Klootchy Creek which had quite a bit of really nice single track. A lot of flowing trails with some small jumps mixed in. I don't think that is too far from Tillamook.

Yeah, they were just starting those trails when I moved away 3 yrs ago.

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
Yeah, they were just starting those trails when I moved away 3 yrs ago.
If you are looking to ride some great single track then I would suggest you check Klootchy Creek out. It is the best I have seen on the Northern Coast.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I guess you may not have seen the Fear and Loaming trails by Pacific City? I'm sure the Klootchy Creek trails are great but to me the best trails are the ones that are under my tires at the time. I more than likely will get a chance to ride them someday.

I try not to limit myself to just trail riding though and do beach/logging roads/elk trails as much as they present themselves also. Also like yesterday when coming through Garibaldi I just parked and popped out the bike to do a cruise of the docks etc. on a crowded day there. Tuna's are in! And blackberries are going in the freezer here on the N. Coast.

Frozen berries 8:14.jpg

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
I guess you may not have seen the Fear and Loaming trails by Pacific City? I'm sure the Klootchy Creek trails are great but to me the best trails are the ones that are under my tires at the time. I more than likely will get a chance to ride them someday.

I try not to limit myself to just trail riding though and do beach/logging roads/elk trails as much as they present themselves also. Also like yesterday when coming through Garibaldi I just parked and popped out the bike to do a cruise of the docks etc. on a crowded day there. Tuna's are in! And blackberries are going in the freezer here on the N. Coast.

View attachment 94965
I guess I am not understanding what you mean by the best trails being the ones underneath your tires.
I don't see any trails at all by Pacific City on Trailforks but I do see the Fear and Loaming trail by the Gales Creek trail. Is that the one you are referring to?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Nesu
I pretty much ride alone because I am not able to find and connect with any other riders with E-bikes.
I have a 2019 Levo Expert and also a 2022 Levo Expert.
Would love to find anyone who would like to meet up for some riding. I am retired so pretty much any day or time works for me.
Plenty of places to ride around NW Oregon.
I am 69 and consider myself maybe just a little above an intermediate rider. Been riding E-MountainBikes since 2015 and regular Mountainbikes regularly since the 90's.
Rode my 1st Mountain bike in the mid 80's so I should be better than I am but I still have time :)
Beautiful country in your woodlands!

Maybe post an E-mtb outing on a local meetup.com or Facebook group? Even start your own local E-mtb specific group if you think it will work for you? I did in AZ in the Phx-metro area, and try to post a weekly ride when not in our summer scortch. Peeps are still learning about E-mtbs and might be suffering sticker shock on the initial investment as well as struggling for legal trail access.

Fortunately, we do have our local desert mtn parks that legalized mostly Class 1 (no throttle) e-mtbs (also some BLM singletrack) but "no" still by USFS😔

Hoping for legal nation-wide forest singletrack access and more E-mtber group rides soon!🍻

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles