Santa Cruz Ebike

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
This is not experimental. It has actually been done. Results verified with GPS.

If your wheel setting is 2200mm (on a 27.5" rim), multiply that times 0.62. That will give you 1364mm. Change your wheel size from 2200-ish to 1364-ish.

So, when your wheels are spinning super fast, the computer will say, "Well, duh. He's spinning teensy wheels. Party-on, Garth."

Change your display to read Km/hr and you will have a representative read-out for MPH.

Cool. thanks.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Maths is fun

giphy.gif

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Token removal is Easy Peasy on the Fork. The shock is similar only different. Search YouTube.

I removed them all since I wanted plushness to be king to my aging joints. There is a chance that I might have to add spacers back in (maybe to the shock if it doesn't ramp up to my liking), but I'll ride it through some rough stuff for a while.

For the Fox Fork:

For the Rock Shock Shock:

So how do you like it now?

Last edited:

yapmingyang

May 4, 2020
Malaysia
Hi all, thanks for the add. I've recently gotten my Heckler CC and I'm loving it so far. But is anyone else confused about charging time? The bike doesn't have an indicator or anything, and the manual barely helps... do any of you know how to check the battery percentage during charging? I can't tell how long it takes to fully charge.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hi all, thanks for the add. I've recently gotten my Heckler CC and I'm loving it so far. But is anyone else confused about charging time? The bike doesn't have an indicator or anything, and the manual barely helps... do any of you know how to check the battery percentage during charging? I can't tell how long it takes to fully charge.

Which charger? There's nothing really unique about the Heckler. It's a standard 8035 battery. Charging rates depend on the charger and the battery and are unrelated to anything specific to Santa Cruz. 4.0 hours for the fast charger (6000) and 7.5 hours for the slower charger (6002)

yapmingyang

May 4, 2020
Malaysia
Which charger? There's nothing really unique about the Heckler. It's a standard 8035 battery. Charging rates depend on the charger and the battery and are unrelated to anything specific to Santa Cruz. 4.0 hours for the fast charger (6000) and 7.5 hours for the slower charger (6002)

Thanks for the reply, but how do I tell if the charging is finished - do I unplug after 4 hours or is there any way I can tell that it's done?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Thanks for the reply, but how do I tell if the charging is finished - do I unplug after 4 hours or is there any way I can tell that it's done?

The light goes out on the charger when it is completed charging (technically up to an hour after charging)

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I keep an eye on my vitus charging and doesn't seem to take anywhere near 4hrs.
I rekon the best way to check is to switch charger off and bike on.
You don't have to do this with external battery.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I've been thinking the same.
I'm guessing SC had a little insight when developing the heckler, let's hope so.
It's definitely on my wish list.

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
This is on the Shimano web site..........
Designed specifically for SHIMANO's STEPS , the new BT-E8036 battery integrates smoothly into the down tube and features 630 Wh capacity. Delivering a sleek design, the battery also charges quickly and retains its max capacity longer throughout its lifespan and has the Same mount as current BT-E8035.......

I also found this........
The new internal BT-E8036 battery delivers 630 Wh and maintains the same shape of the current internal 504 Wh battery (BT-E8035). That being said, the battery is a few centimetres longer. And that’s exactly the problem: those few excess centimetres won’t allow you to replace your old battery with the new, more powerful version. Instead, the battery was developed to allow bike manufacturers to employ Shimano’s complete system on their newer bikes.

Last edited:

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I got this reply from Santa Cruz factory:

Thanks for contacting us.

The Heckler is only compatible with the Shimano E-8035 battery. The 630Wh battery will not physically fit into the Heckler frame.

Best Regards,
Rider Support

I would expect that they enlargen the battery compartment when they switch to the new Shimano EP8 motor for 2021 models.

Last edited:

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
For those who would be interested in Cascade Components Heckler LT link, I got this reply from them:

We will be looking into the Heckler at some point. We would definitely be looking to bring the same changes to it that we did to the Bronson.

Regards,

Jimmy Davis
Mechanical Engineer

If you would be interested to buy one, let them know. Would be cool to have 160mm travel and more enduro/downhill oriented tune in Heckler as an option. [email protected]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles