Same bike different spec

Ian222

Oct 19, 2021
England
Ok so my mate and I have the same bike wild fs H30 same year 2021 I have xl he has large but we have different Spec I.e I have race face wheels he has Orbea ones. We both shimano decore brakes but he has 1 finger levers and different calipers. Is that normal?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's more than one Shimano brake under the deore moniker. The M4000 series deore long lever brakes you have are older spec and generally only really found OEM on lower value bikes now. Current (latest) Deore M6000 series brakes have single finger levers and come with either 2 or 4 pot calipers.
If you have the old long lever brakes and intend on doing any technical descending or DH I'd budget for new brakes.
If you can find them Shimano do a very good non series 4 pot with single finger levers (MT520/501) and they're an absolute bargain.

with the supply and demand issues the whole bike industry have been facing tsince the start of the pandemic nothing is normal anymore.
Plenty bikes are coming with slightly different specs than they were listed as having. If parts aren't available to the manufacturer It's either that or no bike to buy at all I'm afraid

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Yup, manufacturers (assemblers really) are still having major challenges complying with published soecifications. My Rise came with mismatched calipers.Btw the delivery date on my motorhome has been delayed 8 months on top of an earlier 5 month delay.They are also just essentially assembing bought in components.Not a great time.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Err yes .Some manufacturers not much more than a brand.They buy in components from manufacturers and assemble them into a composite product.I'm agreeing with you in respect of the challenges the bike "manufacturers" are facing

Last edited:

Ian222

Oct 19, 2021
England
Ok that all makes sense. The spec says they come with mt420. The 520 seem marginally better looking at reviews.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles